MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit text font in 'messages.lang.php' ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Current text at $l['email_randompassword'] = "{1} is...

Quote:$l['email_randompassword'] = "{1},

Thank you for registering. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login, you will need these details.

Username: {3}
Password: {4}

It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your 'User CP' then clicking 'Change Password' on the left menu.

Thank you,
Staff";

How to make...

Quote: It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your 'User CP' then clicking 'Change Password' on the left menu.

...be bold text ?

Have tried several php text font editing suggestions from online sites, but no luck.
Suggestions ?
<strong>It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your 'User CP' then clicking 'Change Password' on the left menu.</strong>
Thank you for the reply.
When using <strong> the 'random password' email comes in as...

Quote:test,

Thank you for registering. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login, you will need these details.

Username: test
Password: ******

<strong>
It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your 'User CP' then clicking 'Change Password' on the left menu.
</strong>

Thank you,
Staff

Other thoughts ?

Any thoughts on where else to look for answer to subject question ?

(2011-08-08, 02:56 AM)akm Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the reply.
When using <strong> the 'random password' email comes in as...
Quote:test,
Username: test
Password: ******
<strong>
</strong>
Thank you,
Staff
Other thoughts ?

Sorry, I forgot about this issue.

It's most likely that MyBB is sending it in plain text, instead of in a HTML version. Unless there is an option to switch between them two (Not 100% sure), then you'd need to make core edits.
(2011-08-10, 04:27 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I forgot about this issue.
It's most likely that MyBB is sending it in plain text, instead of in a HTML version. Unless there is an option to switch between them two (Not 100% sure), then you'd need to make core edits.
No problem, just wasnt sure if the question was on the forum radar or not.
Really appreciate your feedback.
Am really new at this php stuff.
Good point about the html !

Checked the ACP and looks like there is a configuration/mail settings for outgoing mail options including php or stmp.
The php option has a 'Additional Parameters for PHP's mail()' option.
Also has a php manual link to consult, where there is an html option for mail(), but not sure if mail() means adding something in the parans, like (content), or if need to edit code at some php file.

Thats about as far as can go at this time.
Will revisit tomorrow, but not very good a interpreting some of the code talk instructions.

If you have a chance would really be interested in your interpretation of the ACP mail setting options.
Thanks again for the followup.

I've never changed the MyBB mail settings before, so I'm not 100% on how it parses the field, but you could try entering this:

Content-type: text/html

into Additional Parameters for PHP's mail()
The additional parameters is used to pass parameters to whatever program php hands the mail off to on the server, in most cases it is sendmail. The above suggestion for content-type will not work as it is not a recognized option for sendmail.

MyBB sends mails out in text by default for all the system messages. The only place that I can remember off head where you can send html email is if you are sending mass mail.

If you would like to send the system messages as html then you'll have to make some core edits. While I haven't tried this edit myself, I believe it should work and should not affect any other functionality.

The edit to make is in functions.php

Find:
function my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from="", $charset="", $headers="", $keep_alive=false, $format="text", $message_text="", $return_email="")

Replace with:
function my_mail($to, $subject, $message, $from="", $charset="", $headers="", $keep_alive=false, $format="both", $message_text="", $return_email="")
Thanks to all for the info.
The text vs html for Mybb email info was very helpful.
Probably will just leave things as they are, text, for email.
Use Pine (text only email client) a lot myself.
Thanks again for the help.