MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I accidentaly removed my admin permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried to change the display order of usergroups( because the admin usergroup was second when i look my forum) and i started to change the names of usergroups and their permissions, but when i did this i suddenly become a moderator and lost access in Admin CP. How to fix this please help me, cause i'm beginner in this things. Should i install again mybb or what?
Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1';

(change 1 to your actual uid if it's another one)
(2011-08-08, 11:00 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

where to write i open phpMyadmin but i don't know where to put this php code sorry i'm beginner

(2011-08-08, 10:45 AM)brn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I tried to change the display order of usergroups( because the admin usergroup was second when i look my forum) and i started to change the names of usergroups and their permissions, but when i did this i suddenly become a moderator and lost access in Admin CP. How to fix this please help me, cause i'm beginner in this things. Should i install again mybb or what?

via phpmyadmin(this is located in your web site control panel and not the mybb control panel) find the table mybb_users browse the table for your entry and get the user group you are in
Then open the table mybb_usergroups find the group you are in and make sure that the cancp field is set to 1 and all others are set to 0
See this tutorial on how tun run SQL queries:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-4720.html
(2011-08-08, 11:00 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

Should work but I guess the standard user groups may have been edited beyond recognition ... so I would not assume group 4 has cancp set anymore
(2011-08-08, 11:12 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]See this tutorial on how tun run SQL queries:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-4720.html

but in my phpMyadmin only mybb_tablesusergroups i can see
What are you talking about? Just open the SQL tab, enter the code I gave you and press go.
(2011-08-08, 11:24 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about? Just open the SQL tab, enter the code I gave you and press go.

faviouz pls can you do this for me i give you all my information cause i've got a hour trying this and nothing
Yes, I can do it if you'd like me to. PM me the login details.