MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add spaces between paragraphs with Advanced WYSIWYG Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people,

First of all I want to thank you all for your support e for the superb system that is MyBB. This is my first post. I've been trying several forum systems but pretty much loved MyBB so i decided to stick with it.

I'm creating a forum for non technical savvy people. So, to ease their work in helping letting the forum the most readable possible I installed the Advanced WYSIWYG Editor. However, I have some problems. The most annoying one is the fact that there is no easy way to have paragraphs separated with a space between them, like this. I had to edit in Source Mode to achieve this effect. So, is there a way I can easily setup it to insert theses spaces? It makes the text more readable.

Also, would it be possible to make it not insert blank lines in as list items? For instance, I had to create the list by hand because I was having this effect in my lists:

1. Item 1.
4 Item 2.
7. Item 3

and so on.

At last, once I had clicked in the "undo button" the text disappeared. It was kept in the Source Editor but disappeared from the Editor Mode. Just as a note I did my tests in a Mac with a Safari browser.

And aside from these little annoyances both MyBB and it's mods are great. Thank you all.

Daniel Bittar.
People, please, can anyone help? =(
(2011-08-10, 01:40 AM)Daniel Bittar Wrote: [ -> ]People, please, can anyone help? =(

Have you found a solution? I am having the same problem...
I just downloaded it (your link is a bit mangled) and installed it on a test MyBB installation. I hit Enter twice between each line. I got

This is line 1.

This is line 2.

This is line 3.

Do I not understand the problem?
I have a different problem. I cannot add trailing spaces at new lines. This makes it for example impossible to indent code using the code-tag.
Copied from a post I just made (the code box itself doesn't copy):
Code:
    4 spaces in
            8 spaces in
        4 spaces in
not indented
Leading spaces, not trailing (after the text) spaces.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Smile

[Edit]
I just noticed - something is adding spaces where I didn't put them.
Yes, sorry. Leading, of course. Well, I can add leading spaces and it is correctly shown. But when I now try to edit the post the trailing spaces are gone. I think I was not clear about this point. Sorry.