MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there a problem with css editor in 1.64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a problem with the css editor or is it a setting I have wrong ? The problem is if I adjust some items no change is reflected and in other cases take up but impossible to change after the first edit is made .. currently I can not give you examples but I'll add another theme edit it and tell you what effected what .... unless there is fix for this problem
Quote:The problem is if I adjust some items no change is reflected
Perhaps you're doing the changes in the wrong template.
You need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times by pressing Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5. It's your browser that's caching the CSS.
(2011-08-08, 07:17 PM)Peter Chao Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The problem is if I adjust some items no change is reflected
Perhaps you're doing the changes in the wrong template.

since when has global.css been in a template ?
It hasn't. But you could be editing the wrong stylesheet.

But it's most likely your browser cache.
(2011-08-08, 07:18 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times by pressing Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5. It's your browser that's caching the CSS.
done that no change until 5 hard-refresh's I guess this is a browser problem perhaps I'll user Firefox rather than chromium .. with linux there are very few good quality browsers
I'm using Chromium on Linux too, and I don't have any problems. Smile
(2011-08-08, 07:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Chromium on Linux too, and I don't have any problems. Smile

must be my code then .. i'm on a sharp learning curve ... for the last 2 decades I have programed using VB & QB (in the begining it was turbo basic) so learning how modern programing languages work is causing me a couple of problems .. is there a manual that defines all variables & arrays (to save me asking silly questions) and leave my questions to html issues Huh sorry I have wandered 'off topic' Blush
(2011-08-08, 07:44 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]It hasn't. But you could be editing the wrong stylesheet.

But it's most likely your browser cache.

I guess I have the stylesheets sorted as to what does what ... and you a right it does look like a cache problem ...
(2011-08-08, 08:21 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]must be my code then .. i'm on a sharp learning curve ... for the last 2 decades I have programed using VB & QB (in the begining it was turbo basic) so learning how modern programing languages work is causing me a couple of problems .. is there a manual that defines all variables & arrays (to save me asking silly questions) and leave my questions to html issues Huh sorry I have wandered 'off topic' Blush
print_r($mybb);
(2011-08-08, 08:29 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-08, 08:21 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]must be my code then .. i'm on a sharp learning curve ... for the last 2 decades I have programed using VB & QB (in the begining it was turbo basic) so learning how modern programing languages work is causing me a couple of problems .. is there a manual that defines all variables & arrays (to save me asking silly questions) and leave my questions to html issues Huh sorry I have wandered 'off topic' Blush
print_r($mybb);

where should this be used ? I guess not in any form of template ... as I would think that would crash the board
Pages: 1 2