MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add favicon to MyBB? I can't see the favicon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
G'day.

How do I add a favicon to my forum, all I can see is a blank white sheet.
Can anyone tell me how do I add one? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am a noob around here.

Thank You.
Just upload a favicon.ico file to the root of your website.

You might need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times or even empty your cache before being able to see it.
(2011-08-09, 01:29 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Just upload a favicon.ico file to the root of your website.

You might need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times or even empty your cache before being able to see it.

Means the root folder of MyBB?
Technically, the favicon needs to be on the root of your website. So if your forum is in a sub-folder, you need to put it before that.
I did it, still the same. :c
Like I said, you need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times by pressing Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5. If that doesn't work, you might need to empty your cache.
(2011-08-09, 01:37 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, you need to hard-refresh the page a couple of times by pressing Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5. If that doesn't work, you might need to empty your cache.

Yes! it works, all I did was to clear the cache, thank you.
I got problem with this.
I got Wordpress installed on the main site. and there I got a theme where I've added a favicon.ico

However, when I do as in this thread says, to put it in the absolute root folder, it doesn't work. Also tried put it in the forum root folder, but still not work.
And yes I've clear out caches. I uses Firefox.

[edit]
Lol, my bad.. I had connected to my other FTP server ><
This is a flexible effective solution:

Add this line to your header or footer template:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$theme['imgdir']}/favicon.png">

Change the icon image link to your favicon image path.
It works like a charm.
Thank you effone. Works like a charm indeed Smile
Pages: 1 2