MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-08-09, 04:15 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you need to contact GoDaddy. Don't quote me on this, but I think they have some restrictions with PHP mail. What you need to tell them is that emails sent by the PHP mail function are not being sent.

Wait a second, I just the mail from PHP, saying "This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works."
(2011-08-09, 04:15 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you need to contact GoDaddy. Don't quote me on this, but I think they have some restrictions with PHP mail. What you need to tell them is that emails sent by the PHP mail function are not being sent.

While installing my fourm, I used [email protected] for my forum mail and for people to contact. I got the email by the way after 15-20mins.
Are you sure that the activation mails didn't just take a while to get there, like this one? And did you check the spam/junk folder?
(2011-08-09, 04:28 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the activation mails didn't just take a while to get there, like this one? And did you check the spam/junk folder?

Okay, I just doubled checked my junk folder and it appears that the mail was sent 15-30mins right after a user register. Why don't they get the activation in seconds?
Once again, you will need to discuss this with your web host. MyBB itself sends it within the minute, but your web host might not.
Pages: 1 2