MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No CSS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
heres the link to my forum for you to see:
http://www.MYURL.com/forum/index.php

was working fine this morning. i logged in and changed the codeblock font in my global.css theme using the admin control panel. i clicked save and then this happened

when i view source, it looks like its trying to load the only one css from:
http://www.MYURL.com/forum/cache/themes/theme3/global.css

(previously it looked like it was loading like 5 css files, but i don't remember if it was from cache dir or not)

but when i try to click through to view that source in firefox, the actual source says permissions denied. so firefox cant view that global.css file.

/cache/ - is chmod 777 already
/cache/themes/ - is chmod 777 already
/cache/themes/theme3/ - was 700, changed to 744 but no diff
/cache/themes/theme3/global.css - was 600, i changed to 644 but no difference

general configuration -> board url = http://www.MYURL.com/forum
seo urls was automatic, now changed to disabled, still nothing

please help Sad
You can delete the theme3 folder, and then re-save global.css.
(2011-08-09, 03:20 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]You can delete the theme3 folder, and then re-save global.css.

just tried that, /theme3/ (700) was recreated as well as global.css (600) inside

but didn't work, no css problem persists, says 403 forbidden Sad

edit///////

ok i changed them to 777 and 644 respectively, and now it seems to work.

what was the problem? why would these permissions get messed up?
I have had a problem like this before, and what I did was delete the whole "themes" folder inside the cache folder. I then remade it, and added chmod 777 to it.

I then went and saved global.css for the theme I wanted. That fixed it.
(2011-08-09, 03:26 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]I have had a problem like this before, and what I did was delete the whole "themes" folder inside the cache folder. I then remade it, and added chmod 777 to it.

I then went and saved global.css for the theme I wanted. That fixed it.

ah. before i only deleted the /theme3/ sub-directory.

this time, i deleted the whole /cache/themes directory, and resaved my global.css in the control panel. now everything works again, and nothing was rebuilt in the cache directory. i guess its pulling the css from somewhere else.
Yes, it will pull it from somewhere else since it can't write to the /themes/ directory.

Now just chmod /themes/ to 777 and resave global.css and it will recreate it in the /themes/ directory. Smile.
(2011-08-09, 03:32 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it will pull it from somewhere else since it can't write to the /themes/ directory.

Now just chmod /themes/ to 777 and resave global.css and it will recreate it in the /themes/ directory. Smile.

there is no /cache/themes/ directory, it was not recreated.

the /cache/ directory is empty except for an index.html
all of the following permissions MUST be set:

/cache/ - 777
/cache/themes/ - 777
/cache/themes/theme3/ - 777
/cache/themes/theme3/global.css - 644
Can you please provide your url so I can take a look at this?

If you did what my tutorial said, it should have fixed it.

Thanks. Smile.
Pages: 1 2