MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to change from user-1 or thread-1 to user-Dr_The_One or thread-test.
please help.
will try , good one
(2015-01-20, 06:51 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]how to change from user-1 or thread-1 to user-Dr_The_One or thread-test.
please help.

you should change .htaccess according to https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Goog...xample.txt
I just changed my PHP version from 5.2 to 5.3 and the plugin is still working but on the plugin page, I get a message now telling me to add some values to the htaccess file, however, the htaccess file has those values already from before and I just checked it, and there hasn't been a change so not sure why the plugin thinks it's not there.

Nothing appears to be broken functionality wise though as I can access SEO'd URLs just fine.
@PwnEm: it's probably different escaping, maybe a \- that's now - or the other way around. The escaping function of PHP changed its behaviour at some point. You can update your rules to make the message go away; either variant works so you can also just ignore it.
Any 1.8 support soon??
@frostschutz On Mybb 1.8.3 there's a bug, when a user is online on his profile appears: "Seeing an Error Page".

Screenshot:
[Image: J5Icn1z.png?1]
@DevPre: That usually happens when there is a missing image or similar on your site. The user is actually seeing an error page in that case (the 404 error when the browser tries to load an image after loading the page itself).
Hi, posting in the 1.6 plugin forum for help on 1.8.3 as this is the support thread.

I am lookingtoupgrade a 1.6.16 forum to 1.8.3 +  . This forum makes extensive use of the Google SEO plugin and is doing very well in Google SERP Smile Obviously Iwould like tokeep it that way and soI tested ona test board that the urls remained identical.

They actually dont Sad

In my 1.6 install my urls are like so

my-site/forum-forum-1

and the second page is

my-site/forum-forum-1?page=2

but now on 1.8.3 I see

my-site/forum-forum-1

and second page is

my-site/forum-forum-1?page=2&datecut=9999

How can I make that &datecut=9999 go away from the end of the url and still have the threads and posts from the beginning as the default? This happens in showthread and forumdisplay.
(2015-02-13, 03:05 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]How can I make that &datecut=9999 go away from the end of the url

I don't see this behaviour in my 1.8 test forum.

It's not something I would fix in the plugin in any case. Google SEO does not want to break URLs; if MyBB feels obliged to append any parameter, Google SEO keeps that parameter as it has to assume that removing it would break it in some way.

That's also the reason why you get URLs like Thread-some-test?pid=123#pid123 - it would break post links otherwise. As far as the search engine is concerned, there's the meta canonical in the header which shows the pure URL without surplus parameters.

If you want the datecut parameter to be gone, you'll have to find where it comes from and remove it there.