MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those URLs should be redirected, unless you uninstalled the old plugin... which is something you should not have done. If you did that anyway, you can restore your old google_seo table from a backup. You could also just disable the prefix setting to get rid of the prefix in the URL if you don't want it. Or just wait for Google to pick up the new URLs.

Google SEO 1.6 does not use the same edits as Google SEO Legacy, so you really have to upload the original file and then work with the apply / revert controls on the plugins page.
Is it good to use the prefix within the url frostschutz?
That depends entirely on how you use prefixes on your board. If the prefix helps understand the subject better (e.g. "Blue" vs. "[THEME] Blue"), then it's okay to have it in the URL. If you have completely pointless or extremely long prefixes, then probably not so much.
Ok, thanks for answering this and the last question I made, very appreciated.
Anyone with 1.6.1 installed please post your board URL... I want to see the plugin URLs in action!!
Check here www.dishunters.com i'm using it working fine but url is problem otherwise super... Super... I love it..
With this update is it possible to have URL structure such as

mysite.com/forum/music-talk
mysite.com/forum/topic/new-coldplay-album
(2011-08-21, 05:42 PM)jmeeter Wrote: [ -> ]With this update is it possible to have URL structure such as

mysite.com/forum/music-talk
mysite.com/forum/topic/new-coldplay-album

I used forum/profile/-username- for usernames but images and css did not loaded, so I stopped using it.
As the documentation states, you need to add <base> tags if you use any kind of directory structure. And there's no guarantee that this base tag will solve all directory related issues.

You can use directory structure with Google SEO 1.6 if you absolutely want to, but don't expect Google SEO (nor me) to fix the issues involved with that for you. You may have to get your hands dirty: make up your own rewrite rules that fit your URL style, change templates (add <base> at minimum), maybe even some code changes depending on what issues crop up. I can't support you in that regard.

The problem still remains: MyBB uses relative links everywhere. Plugins and JavaScript rely on this as well. It may work or it may not. I don't recommend using it, MyBB just wasn't made for that.
I have a few errors, after upgrage to 1.6.1 from 1.3.1.

Quote:Type: 2
File: inc/plugins/google_seo/redirect.php (Line no. 370)
urlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php (Line no. 968)

File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php (Line no. 960)
key() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given