MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error in Webmaster tools after i followed your steps. Should i do anything in .htaccess file?

[attachment=34943]
I ve got " this is incompatible error " in plugins section therefore I can not activate, what should I do ?
(2015-08-31, 05:16 AM)jason5 Wrote: [ -> ]I get this error in Webmaster tools after i followed your steps. Should i do anything in .htaccess file?

Remove misc.php entries in your robots.txt

(2015-08-31, 10:37 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]I ve got " this is incompatible error " in plugins section therefore I can not activate, what should I do ?

For MyBB 1.8 you'll have to download it from GitHub for now.
Frostschutz,

I noticed some time ago that the .htaccess file for the forum has at the top a rule to disable mod_security. This rule is inserted in .htaccess by the Google SEO plugin. Would disabling this .htaccess rule (by putting # in each of the 4 lines) cause Google SEO to break?

We only allow images to be embedded and the vast majority of users are not allowed to upload anything in their posts. I take it that those .htaccess rules disabling mod_sec are there to ensure that no false positives occur when uploading files (images) in posts.

We would rather have mod_security working fully and risk some false positives, so would it be possible to mute (i.e. # each line) the disabling rule so that mod_security works?

Interestingly, our host mentioned that mod_security was actually working fine but then we have the forum in a directory and use a WP installation for the homepage (perhaps mod_security is working for the WP installation but not the forum?).

It'd be great if we could hear from you whether muting the mod_sec disabling rule is fine and won't break the plugin/how it works.

Thanks.
(2015-08-31, 07:08 PM)Finlan Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed some time ago that the .htaccess file for the forum has at the top a rule to disable mod_security. This rule is inserted in .htaccess by the Google SEO plugin.

You're in the wrong thread.

Google SEO does not insert anything in .htaccess - that's your job.

Google SEO does not ask you to insert any rules related to mod_security either.

You can do anything you like as long as the rewrites work as they're supposed to - if you are using rewrites.
I removed /misc.php and submitted again. But still the problem exists.

URL restricted by robots.txt
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=threads&page=1

Sep 1, 2015
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=forums&page=1

Sep 1, 2015
Sitemap: indiantalkzone.com/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=threads&page=2
I am installed the plugin but that time google cant access my forum

403 forbidden

i am unnistalled the plugin
Thanks frostschutz, every problem has been solved. You are great man!
Hi,

I am getting error , attached in screen shot.

Please some one help me.

Thanks,
You used index.php which is not a sitemap