MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am not sure I understand this section correctly:

[Image: screen300.jpg]
Can I use it to issue a 410 header response ?

eg. If i delete this thread, showthread.php?tid=490, can I get it to return 410 instead of 404 ?

Alternatively, I want to put in htaccess

Redirect gone /showthread.php?tid=490
ErrorDocument 410 default

but the Google SEO settings seem to override the above directive.
Quote:Can I use it to issue a 410 header response ?

Yes. Enable "Debug 404 error labels", go to the URL you want to return 410, check what error label it is using, then add a line

410 Gone=errorlabelgoeshere

Of course if you want ALL 404 errors, to be 410 errors instead, you can just change 404 Not Found=* to 410 Gone=*

That way the only remaining 404 errors will be the ones outside of mybb influence (missing static files etc.)
(2016-08-21, 08:08 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Can I use it to issue a 410 header response ?

Yes. Enable "Debug 404 error labels", go to the URL you want to return 410, check what error label it is using, then add a line

410 Gone=errorlabelgoeshere

Of course if you want ALL 404 errors, to be 410 errors instead, you can just change 404 Not Found=* to 410 Gone=*

That way the only remaining 404 errors will be the ones outside of mybb influence (missing static files etc.)

Thanks, that worked.
Hi. Why i got this in my CP while my .htaccess already has that code.. ??

[Image: 122.png]

[Image: 1143.png]
you have complete guide infront of you and you have to just follow it 

copy those lines into .htaccess 

and clink on apply button to core files 

[Image: 5CBcpEh.png]
(2016-08-24, 08:03 PM)mujeebdgk Wrote: [ -> ]you have complete guide infront of you and you have to just follow it 

copy those lines into .htaccess 

and clink on apply button to core files 

[Image: 5CBcpEh.png]

[Image: 1143.png]

The lines already there in .htaccess. But the error still showed in my admin cp
backup your .htaccess file and delete that file from hosting

refresh this plugin page and copy all code that this plugin shows , and create new .htacess file and copy all code into that file

and refresh this plugin page again .
RewriteBase is supposed to be first, followed by RewriteRules.

You have some noise in there (also RewriteEngine on twice and a stray RewriteCond).

And Google SEO expects this one RewriteRule to be the first, which it isn't in that file. You don't have to follow that recommendation - if you know what you are doing, you can just ignore that message and things will still work.

You still have to click Apply there for Google SEO URLs to appear.
Plugin installed on my site link below. tylsearch.php constantly traveling the Google bot. Robots.txt disallow as did also the /tylsearch.php. Despite this situation does not change. Does it create any problems?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382.html
Is there a trick to getting this installed on 1.8.10?