MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great plugin, one of my favorites.
FTP tells me sitemap-index.xml is 0 bytes. Is this normal?
I remember it being different using the previous plugin version.
(2011-09-10, 08:58 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]With this plugin installed, no sub-directories work properly for me (ie. you can't just go to a URL like christnet.leetlink.com, PHP powered sites don't work, etc.).

Sounds more like a problem with your webserver than anything Google SEO related.

Google SEO doesn't care what kind of domain, subdomain or subdirectory you are on (as long as bburl is set correctly).

(2011-09-10, 10:40 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]FTP tells me sitemap-index.xml is 0 bytes. Is this normal?

No. It shouldn't exist as physical file at all (same way there isn't a file for each individual thread).
Alright, so do you have an idea why I lost 100,000 indexed pages when I upgraded?
I also seem to be having issues with the sitemap. I had submitted 200K + pages to Google. Google had indexed 30,000 of them but now that's dropped to 14,000.

Could it be due to the sitemaps taking a long time to load?
I might downgrade to 1.4.1 again, I know that's likely to fix it.
This isn't actually a problem in regards to traffic from Google, it hasn't decreased at all for me but it just bugs me seeing a big drop.
Are you using Lazy Mode? There's a known bug with it and the Sitemap, it will be fixed in the next version.
No, full mode.
Hello frostschutz

Thanks for the Great plugin...
recently my forum got a downgrade in Google coz it showed a number of soft 404 pages. I installed your plugin. and checked, The soft 404 reported pages in Google shows the same error as before "The specified thread does not exist." (Error label: 'invalidthread'). with the google search widget. is it the real intended hard 404 page itself?
Hi frostschutz!

My error log is full with error messages related to G. SEO
Here are the most common things:
<error>
	<dateline>1315137402</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php</script>
	<line>960</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>key() [<a href='function.key'>function.key</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1315137402</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php</script>
	<line>968</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>Invalid argument supplied for foreach()</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1315227499</dateline>
	<script>inc/plugins/google_seo/redirect.php</script>