MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome! Can't wait to install it.

PS: Whats with the 10 placeholder posts?
I wanted to have some room on the first page for documentation and stuff.
How to set my url naming like this > showthread.php?Subject, f-forum/t-thread, .. ?
See the examples for dynamic SEO URLs / Virtual Directory Structure in the documentation. I still recommend the standard Thread-Subject style though.
Do i need to install plug in libray to activate google Seo 1.6.0?give me a download link.
(2011-08-10, 09:28 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]See the examples for dynamic SEO URLs / Virtual Directory Structure in the documentation. I still recommend the standard Thread-Subject style though.

Which is better and consume small queries?

(2011-08-10, 10:39 AM)Dishunters.com Wrote: [ -> ]Do i need to install plug in libray to activate google Seo 1.6.0?give me a download link.

download herE: http://mods.mybb.com/view/pluginlibrary
(2011-08-10, 11:19 AM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]Which is better and consume small queries?

Including parent forum in URLs causes an extra query in the URL creation/verification.

The fewest queries you can achieve by using Lazy Mode (reduces SEO URL to a single query) and set Google SEO to ignore post links (avoids querying tid if not given). However it will be less reliable than the default mode (not every URL will be replaced).

Also note that the Lazy Mode does its work (single query & replace all links) only after the output was already processed by MyBB. So the query and the time it takes to replace links won't be reflected in the page generation time / debug info. In other words Lazy Mode is less efficient than MyBB's debug info makes it seem to be.
Is there any difference to the .htaccess file from the previous version of 1.1.13 to this version 1.6.0?

I have not changed the previous .htaccess, and I don't see any problem.
With the older version my urls like this

Thread-test-test-1
now Thread-1234.html
how can i change it back
(2011-08-10, 12:41 PM)Br33zer Wrote: [ -> ]I have not changed the previous .htaccess, and I don't see any problem.

Then most likely you don't have a problem.

Google SEO 1.6.0 tells you to add a RewriteBase if it's missing, because on several hosts, rewrite rules don't work without RewriteBase. Other than that, as long as your URL style does not change (and the recommended / standard style is still the same), you can use the same rewrite rules as before.

(2011-08-10, 01:02 PM)mastermark Wrote: [ -> ]now Thread-1234.html
how can i change it back

What does the plugin status say? It's possible that you simply have to re enable the settings after the update because the five main settings (for 404, meta, redirect, sitemap, url) moved to a new setting group. The other settings are for advanced users.