MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You mean outside of the forum directory? You'd have to work with ../ in the URL and adapt the rewrite rule accordingly. While it may work, I don't recommend / support this. Any problem arise you have to figure them out by yourself. Smile
Hey I have installed Google SEO, But whenever i try to access a thread, It just gives a blank page, And no thread, I have double and triple checked the .htaccess file and settings, But still no prevail.

It's only the threads that don't show, Everything else works!
Do you have conflicting URL schemes? Please provide more info...
Do you mean the default MyBB schemes? If so, No, There are no other google entries apart from the ones that are supposed to bee there. The plugin status is fine, and there is nothign telling me there is something wrong.
Just un-installed re-installed, Still threads do not open. I heard somewhere that you need a modified functions.php for this to work, But I'm not sure where to find it.
I installed the plugin and changed the core files etc.

Everything seems to be working fine accept my backlinks in Google return has a 404 not found error. Is there anyway to redirect it to the correct thread?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
(2011-12-21, 12:39 PM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]I heard somewhere that you need a modified functions.php for this to work, But I'm not sure where to find it.

The plugin modifies the file for you (in the plugin status, there is a link to apply/revert changes). If you already see the Google SEO URLs, then that is working fine. If there's a 404 error for those URLs then your rewrites are not working for some reason. This can be due to conflicting URL schemes (see documentation) or something wrong with your server setup.

(2011-12-22, 11:39 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to be working fine accept my backlinks in Google return has a 404 not found error. Is there anyway to redirect it to the correct thread?

That's what should be happening by default (with Redirect enabled). All recognized / rewritten thread URLs are redirected to the currently active URL for this thread.

If you have 404 errors then something is wrong such as rewrite rules missing or rewrites not working for some reason
(2011-12-22, 11:39 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to be working fine accept my backlinks in Google return has a 404 not found error. Is there anyway to redirect it to the correct thread?

That's what should be happening by default (with Redirect enabled). All recognized / rewritten thread URLs are redirected to the currently active URL for this thread.

If you have 404 errors then something is wrong such as rewrite rules missing or rewrites not working for some reason
[/quote]

What happens if I used a different SEO plugin and it wrote URL's with .html at the end? Will it pick it up and send it to the correct URL? I used the .htacess too but it didn't work.
(2011-12-23, 12:48 AM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if I used a different SEO plugin and it wrote URL's with .html at the end? Will it pick it up and send it to the correct URL?

As long as those URLs are in working order - their rewrite rules in place and whatever else they may need to keep working - yes.

If you're coming from Spicefuse's MyBB SEO then keeping its rewrite rules in the .htaccess is all you have to do (apart from avoiding URL conflicts as always. The default Google SEO URL scheme works fine for this).
Frost - thanks for the help.

I used the old .htacess and had to add a little code per your plugins request and now the old links in Google redirect to the new ones.
i have a question, I asked this before here on mybb, but I did not get an answer.
can I rewrite the users url, using google seo plugin, to look like a subdomain for my site?

for example:
when I type in my browser lokki.mydomain.com, I want to be redirected to mybb user profile.