MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would this plugin anyhow need upgrade when switching over to 1.6.5 from 1.6.4 ?
(2012-01-30, 12:14 AM)fastcooler Wrote: [ -> ]1) I can't get Announcements to work with SEO (page not found);

Then you either forgot to add the rewrite rule, or you changed the URL scheme to something that has conflicts.

(2012-01-30, 12:14 AM)fastcooler Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to convert my DB to UTF-8 (I have Plesk 10.4.4).

I can't really help you there - it depends on what your database looks like currently. Do make a backup first before attempting to convert it to UTF-8.

Quote:Would this plugin anyhow need upgrade when switching over to 1.6.5 from 1.6.4 ?

No, just check the plugin status since you might have to re-apply changes to core.
Thanks,

I converted to UTF-8, and I added the rule to Announcements...but...nothing changed.

When I open a Announce I get error of non existing pages.

You can try open one of my announcements here:

In plugin configuration now I read:

404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Revert changes to core files.

So it should be ok there...

I hope you can help me....

Thanks in advance.
The problem is that you changed the URL schemes to something that won't work.

You need something that identifies each type of URL, so in .htaccess you can have a rewrite rule for threads that matches only threads and nothing else, and a rewrite rule for announcements that matches announcements only and so on.

You removed the prefix for threads so the thread rewrite rule now matches your announcement URLs as well. Hence when you click on an announcement link, it's looking for a thread which can not be found.

You could put the thread rewrite rule last but then you'd end up with broken thread URLs, if you make a thread that starts with the word FAQ.
Thanks Frost,

you solved my issue! Now all works fine!

The sitemap is stopped working for me. :/

I have 260k+ threads. I think the sitemap function can't handle that much threads.
SEO URLs and all other functions are working fine.
Define "stopped working". What errors do you get from it? It should be able to handle a very large number of threads, that's why it's paginated in the first place.

What's your pagination set to? Try larger values.
I got internal server error every time when i tried to generate the sitemap..

But I set the pagnation to 7000, and it works now. Smile
Maybe a stupid question.
I have installed google seo 1.6.2 with no errors and when i see the page source i can see the meta description created for a thread but it does not contain any words from the thread title. Is this normal? I'm writing some cooking recipes in my forum and i use the thread title as the name of the recipe.
Yes, it's normal. Having the thread title in the meta description is pointless, since the title already is in the title. Google shows in its search results the title (that's the link you click) and the description below that link; having the title be the description would make both lines identical.