MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-02-06, 08:50 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]New version Google SEO 1.6.3 with the following changes:
  • optimize sitemap index generation for large boards

Can you tell more about sitemap index generation in new version? What's the difference between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3?
(2012-02-16, 09:49 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell more about sitemap index generation in new version? What's the difference between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3?

It's a lot faster now for large boards.

@dvdxseo:

What's your cookie path set to?
That's really incredible. I just set the cookie path and it works. Thanks a lot!
Hi frostschutz.
I'm trying to achive this result on google when someone is searching my domain
www.example.com

Category1 Category 2

Category3 Category 4

More search results from example.com

Is there something more i need to configure?
thanx
If you're talking about sitelinks, you can't influence them directly; Google picks them by itself (probably the ones that are linked to most often, like in a menu in your header). You can only disable the ones you don't like in Webmaster Tools, e.g. if it picks a user profile.

Some background info on sitelinks:
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin...swer=47334

"At the moment, sitelinks are automated."

One more stupid question.
How google crawler knows in which forum or category a thread belongs?
I'm asking this because the url scheme is example.com/thread-blahblah
Maybe i should include parent forum in url scheme?
(2012-02-19, 11:16 PM)daimonas Wrote: [ -> ]How google crawler knows in which forum or category a thread belongs?

With some luck, it interprets the breadcrumb navigation shown on each page. If it recognized the forum as a forum it may even show the number of posts and authors in the search result. However these things are mostly automatic too.

(2012-02-19, 11:16 PM)daimonas Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe i should include parent forum in url scheme?

Well, the option is there, but personally I don't recommend it because it tends to make the URL much longer without actually adding useful information to the URL.
Hi, i made a mistake upgrading to 1.6.3 from 1.6.0, and now google SEO is not working, so i need the 1.6.0 package to upload it, desactivate and then install the new one. Could someone give me the link please?

:/
Old versions are available from GitHub: https://github.com/frostschutz/Google-SEO/tags

But whatever your problem is, it won't be related to deactivation before upgrade. You can deactivate/activate just as well afterwards. The plugin cleans up / updates settings properly whenever you do that. If that doesn't work then something else is wrong, e.g. if you only uploaded half the files or sth.
i now used SEO ver 1.6.1 am i must upgread to 1.6.3 now...