MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's meant to be maintenance free. All you should have to do is wait.

Google SEO updates URLs only when you actually visit the forum/thread in question. It'd be too expensive to check for updates all the time otherwise. The cache is updated every X minutes (by default 15), so this too happens automatically, it's also a setting.
(2012-09-06, 06:35 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It's meant to be maintenance free. All you should have to do is wait.

Google SEO updates URLs only when you actually visit the forum/thread in question. It'd be too expensive to check for updates all the time otherwise. The cache is updated every X minutes (by default 15), so this too happens automatically, it's also a setting.

Yeah, I noticed that before but not sure... And, one more question please? I can't click to the forum or thread links at few moments. The cursor is blinked and can't click...

Demo : http://www.phiu.net/forum

I've tried on 4 browser : IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera. Same problem returned...

Please help, thanks in advanced.
Seems like you have a popup in your CSS or JavaScript that puts itself over the link. Nothing to do with this plugin.
(2012-09-06, 08:27 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you have a popup in your CSS or JavaScript that puts itself over the link. Nothing to do with this plugin.

Thanks you, I forgot about it Toungue Will try to remove.

P/S: But, before when I'm using MyBB Stock URL, everything is okay !!?
I have recieved below error after installing this Google SEO pluggin::

Quote:Not Found

The requested URL /forum/User-<username>was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at mcxcommoditytrading.com Port 80
Did you edit the .htaccess?
(2012-09-11, 05:36 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you edit the .htaccess?

Hey I just realised that plugin is asking me to add below code to .htaccess file but I do not know where to put that file in forum. I mean under which directory..
I have named it google.htaccess which is fine I believe..
Please help

Quote:RewriteEngine on
# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forum/
# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://mcxcommoditytrading.com/forum/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]
# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forum/misc.php?google_seo_error=404
# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
It has to be called .htaccess specifically. With the dot in the beginning and nothing else following it.
(2012-09-13, 07:04 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]It has to be called .htaccess specifically. With the dot in the beginning and nothing else following it.

Thanks Fabio.. also where does it should be placed. Root?

I just tried to save it in root and bang.. I could not access the CPanel now.
Any help would be appreciated..
Yes, in the root of your forum.