MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That suggestion is not made by Google SEO plugin, but by Google itself (it's the Google 404 Widget). If you want the suggestion for sitemap.php removed, you have to remove that particular search result from Google itself, possibly with a URL removal request for yoursite/sitemap.php in the webmaster tools. For that to work it has to be blocked by robots.txt or yield 404 error itself.
Thanks a lot frostschutz for your reply. I did as you said, I added this "Disallow: /sitemap.php" to my robots.txt and I also requested removal of the URL from Google's search results.
Thanks again Smile
How do you handle the dynamic urls (showthread.php?{url})? I can't see to understand by looking at the files.

I'm coding some plugins and would like to include some method of friendly urls, so if you could explain this to me I would really appreciate it.
See inc/plugins/google_seo.php::google_seo_dynamic(). Called with e.g. $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] it returns the first parameter that does not include a value (x instead of x=y).
Frost, first of all congrats to your job.

Some questions:

Actually, my htacess has the following estructure:

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

As this, my topics goes like : www.MYURL.com/Thread-MY-THREAD.

Is it possible to change this to:

www.MYURL.com/SECTION-NAME/MY-THREAD ? Do you think it will prejudice my SEO from my blog?

Thanks in advance !
I have a question and went reading through 10 pages from the 75 without finding the answer that i am looking for.

The question is, if i ever decided to change in the future for example mybb forum from being in the root / to a folder like /forum/ what would i need to change to make everything work like it did?

I hope someone here can help me, for future reference?
Hello sir,

I want to know about Google panda. I have a client He gives me a project, and told me. Within one month, I am very confuse. How can I do this. Please give me suggestion.

Thanks.
Rana
Hi frost!

I have set up my board url to http://www.example.com
.I noticed that when i hit http://example.com does not redirect to www.example.com

I read somewhere on the web that letting google access your website
through http:// & http://www. may hurt your SEO Rankings.

How i can redirect users to access website only with www. ?
I'm using Google Seo 1.6.5.
I have attached my htaccess file.
Thanx for your time Smile
My forum is going to have many threads that will need to have the same names in two different forums and I will need to programmatically create links to them in some other software. Therefore I will need to know the exact URL. I believe the uniquifier would prevent this from working so I will need the forum name and thread name in the URL.

You state in the docs that "Google supports including the parent forum name in the URL, and allows the use of the directory separator /."

Do these two things necessarily go together? Is including the forum name the same as making a virtual directory structure?

I have read the section on virtual directory structures and combined styles and have a few questions.

You give an example of a Virtual Directory Structure URL scheme that starts off: Forum: f-{url}/
etc.....

Is this actual code that goes in a file somewhere, or is it just a human readable explanation of how the structure looks?

I'm thinking the "Combined Styles" is the best way to go. The docs don't have any example rewrite rules for this. Are there any anywhere?

BTW, I'm using version 1.6.9 of myBB, my forum is only on our internal network, and will never be indexed by Google.

Thanks,
(2013-02-13, 04:51 PM)jstotz Wrote: [ -> ]Therefore I will need to know the exact URL.

If you have the ID, you can query it from the mybb_google_seo table.

(2013-02-13, 04:51 PM)jstotz Wrote: [ -> ]You state in the docs that "Google supports including the parent forum name in the URL, and allows the use of the directory separator /."

Do these two things necessarily go together? Is including the forum name the same as making a virtual directory structure?

In theory no; in practice maybe, as many webservers have a 256 character limit. And you may hit that limit if you include category, parent and subforum into a thread URL...

I don't recommend using that feature at all. It adds a lot of length to the URL and it's just not particularly useful.

(2013-02-13, 04:51 PM)jstotz Wrote: [ -> ]Is this actual code that goes in a file somewhere, or is it just a human readable explanation of how the structure looks?

It goes into the Google SEO URL settings.

(2013-02-13, 04:51 PM)jstotz Wrote: [ -> ]The docs don't have any example rewrite rules for this. Are there any anywhere?

The plugin itself tries to produce rewrite rules, which it displays on the plugin status page. For particularly convoluted styles this may simply fail and you have to come up with your own.