MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-04-17, 07:12 PM)scrybbler Wrote: [ -> ]I.e., instead of /Forums-forumtopic, my desired URL is /forumtopic-f .

Should work without issue, if you change ALL URL schemes to postfix style, since postfix style is incompatible with prefix style. Alternatively, you'd have to use .f or something for the postfix (or some other punctuation character which can not appear in the prefix URLs).

(2013-04-17, 07:12 PM)scrybbler Wrote: [ -> ]for some reason, the "include parent forum in <whatever> URL" feature seems to be permanently on.

That's not so, but if you had that setting on and URLs in this style were created, those URLs will not be updated until the item is accessed again.

(2013-04-17, 07:12 PM)scrybbler Wrote: [ -> ]SECOND: I think my .htaccess rules are broken.

For plain postfix style URLs, the rules provided by Google SEO itself (on the plugins page) should work fine. Again except for compatibility issues with prefix URLs. You can't have both at the same time (Forum-Thread could either be a Forum named Thread, or a Thread named Forum, impossible to tell if you use prefix for one and postfix for the other).

Quote:# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^([^-f/]+)-f$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Not sure where you got [^-f/] from, but that's definitely not what you want. Stick to the default.

Quote:My entry for "Thread URL Scheme" in Settings is simply "{url}".

Google SEO should be complaining about that on the plugins page, what if you give a thread the subject "something f", so it turns into something-f, which looks like a forum named something if you use -f postfix for forum URLs?

You can choose any URL style you like - but they must be unique, distinguishable from one another. Lacking that you will end up with broken URLs, and lose the ability to redirect.

Quote:BTW, this plugin rocks and is a big reason for me considering myBB.

Glad you like it. Smile
Thanks, Frostschutz! Your responsiveness on this board is truly amazing and commendable.
(2013-04-05, 08:27 PM)SunDi3yansyah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-05, 08:23 PM)karski1 Wrote: [ -> ]Should i upadate plugin to the latest version? What type of changes are in 1.6.7 version?

the latest version 1.6.5
What version you use?

I find the changes after the upgrade MyBB 1.6.10
Forum URL www.domain.com/Title-Thread
be www.domain.com/thread-123.html

what's the solution?
whether there is a need in the edit?
Hey,

after an update from 1.1.13 to 1.6.5 I've got the problem that a lot of links return a 404 error when coming from Google or any other external source. Using the internal search or links within the forums it works perfectly although the address bar shows the exact same URL.
After visiting a page via an internal link it also works with the ones from Google though. Thus I can kinda "fix" a single page's link.

Is there any way to fix this not having to click on every single page within the forums...?

Thanks for your help,

Nico
(2013-04-23, 03:26 PM)nicolasschabram Wrote: [ -> ]after an update from 1.1.13 to 1.6.5 I've got the problem that a lot of links return a 404 error when coming from Google or any other external source.

How did you update it? URLs shouldn't break unless you uninstall the plugin. For an update, deactivate/activate is sufficient.
Quote:How did you update it? URLs shouldn't break unless you uninstall the plugin. For an update, deactivate/activate is sufficient.

Well, you're right: I uninstalled the plugin... :/ Is there any chance to get the URLs back?
You could restore the mybb_google_seo table from a database backup.

Otherwise just resubmit the Sitemap to Google, that's the fastest way to get Google back on track.
Quote:You could restore the mybb_google_seo table from a database backup.

Yep, that luckily worked. Thanks a lot for your help!
Actually, my forum has the following scructure:

www.myurl.com/Thread-THREADNAME
and
www.myurl.com/Forum-FORUMNAME

I want to change it to:

www.myurl.com/THREADNAME
and
www.myurl.com/FORUMNAME

Could someone help me ? I think that it will help to improve my SEO.

For instalation, I just followed the following guide:

http://mybbgroup.com/mybb-google-seo-ins...ybb-1-6-5/

ps. Used it's .htaccess example too.