MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@frostschutz: Thanks a ton for setting me in right direction. I forgot the name of earlier plugin, with the old rules added in htaccess everything is working fine now.
Hello,

How can I make it working? I got an 404 if I want show a forum/topic/user.
Hi. I want to ask.. If i dont want to use google seo url but using the default one by mybb.. Can i use the setting like this ?

[Image: 2222.png]
If you used Google SEO URLs before and now want to redirect them back to stock, that should work, if you keep the rewrite rules in the .htaccess as well.

If you never used Google SEO URL - just disable the URL option altogether.
(2013-09-21, 07:32 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you used Google SEO URLs before and now want to redirect them back to stock, that should work, if you keep the rewrite rules in the .htaccess as well.

If you never used Google SEO URL - just disable the URL option altogether.

i never use the google seo url..

Ok. now i have disabled the seo url and redirect

[Image: 3333.png]
That's fine, just like to point out that Redirect still fixes some things for the standard URLs as well (gets rid of some dupes, like thread-123.html vs. thread-123-page-1.html vs. showthread.php?tid=123 vs. showthread.php?tid=123&page=1). Ditto if you have multiple domain names (www vs non-www) and no other redirects in place for those yet, it would redirect to your bburl. Just saying, Redirect is an independent component, not strictly related to the URL one.
Hi !

I am totally foxed at this and hope someone can help me out. Here is the scenario :

a) I am using Google SEO 1.6.5 and Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags 1.1 to transfer the posts to Facebook. Till 2 days ago everything was fine.

b) Then , I tried to make a change in.htaccess file to get " short URLs" for FB, twitter etc as per procedure given at :

http://community.mybb.com/thread-85532.html

That didn't work for me, so I reverted .htacess back to what it was earlier.

Since then :

a) The posts made earlier to these two days link up properly to Facebook with a SEO Friendly link as given in the post title.

b) the posts created thereafter when tried to post on the Facebook carry a URL ending
with something like :

showthread.php?tid=100

And I loose the images in the Post while earlier at least one image was also transferred in FB.

BUT the URL showing in the browser when viewing the post at my forum is still an SEO friendly one with descriptions per the post title !

This is really " bugging" me :-) Would appreciate much all help and advise, bearing in mind that I am NOT a programmer !

Thanks much !

My forum is at :

http://getjoy.in/talk
I've no clue about facebook and other short tags, so - if there isn't a specific problem with Google SEO (check the plugin status on the plugin page) you probably should make a standalone thread for this.
Thanks for your efforts frostschutz ! Plugin Status shows up fine... but the ONLY change I made was in the .htaccess file as above....which pertains to Google SEO 1.6.5 and not the Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags 1.1 plugin. Further, as I said above, the posts made before this change was attempted are working fine... can the .htaccess file be reverted to its " original " version somehow ?

(2013-09-25, 11:49 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]I've no clue about facebook and other short tags, so - if there isn't a specific problem with Google SEO (check the plugin status on the plugin page) you probably should make a standalone thread for this.

Just wanted to add.. here is how my .htaccess file looks presently.. could you please check if it is right ? Thanks !

RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /talk/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.getjoy.in/talk/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /talk/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
Version 1.6.6 has two changes:
  • it fixes a possible SQL error which only happens under obscure conditions (I wasn't able to reproduce it myself). (see here)
  • it adds the ability to manually optimize the URL database (remove unused entries) in the plugin status (click "URL" in the plugin status).

You can download it from GitHub https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO/releases