MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

This is for whosoever is facing similar situations and comes here....

By trial and error I seem to have found a solution which seems to be working now...don't ask me how since I am not a techie :-). Steps followed were as under :

a) Used the Example .htacess file in GoogleSEO 1.6.6 to create an .htaccess file.

b) Facebook Like Button Plugin wants a Facebook Application ID . Create and put one ( say "x" ) there.

c) Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags ALSO wants a Facebook Application ID. Put the same one there ( X)

d) The Facebook Connect mod as at :
https://github.com/Shade-/MyFacebook-Connect/

ALSO wants an FB application ID. While earlier I was using the same one ( X ), NOW I changed this, creating a different FB Application for the purpose ( say Y )

Most things now seem to be working out well !

So essential, problem seemed to be some " conflict " between different FB Application IDs.....and not Google SEO....

Hope this is of help to any...

===========
(2013-09-25, 05:55 AM)Learning Wrote: [ -> ]Hi !

I am totally foxed at this and hope someone can help me out. Here is the scenario :

a) I am using Google SEO 1.6.5 and Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags 1.1 to transfer the posts to Facebook. Till 2 days ago everything was fine.

b) Then , I tried to make a change in.htaccess file to get " short URLs" for FB, twitter etc as per procedure given at :

http://community.mybb.com/thread-85532.html

That didn't work for me, so I reverted .htacess back to what it was earlier.

Since then :

a) The posts made earlier to these two days link up properly to Facebook with a SEO Friendly link as given in the post title.

b) the posts created thereafter when tried to post on the Facebook carry a URL ending
with something like :

showthread.php?tid=100

And I loose the images in the Post while earlier at least one image was also transferred in FB.

BUT the URL showing in the browser when viewing the post at my forum is still an SEO friendly one with descriptions per the post title !

This is really " bugging" me :-) Would appreciate much all help and advise, bearing in mind that I am NOT a programmer !

Thanks much !

My forum is at :

http://getjoy.in/talk
Is there any chance that some wrong settings from google seo mod to cause me this problem http://community.mybb.com/thread-146612.html ? Smile
Hi all, I have a problem with this plugin (I think).

I have upgraded mybb to 1.6.10 and often, if I click on a forum (section, from index page of forum), I have error and go to Default Calendar.

This problem there isn't always, but only sometime. If then I return to index and re-try to enter in a forum, this works.

Is it a problem of Google SEO plugin?

In Admin ACP I have this error:

Google SEO (1.6.5)
Google Search Engine Optimization as described in the official Google's SEO starter guide. Please see the documentation for details.

Add to .htaccess:
# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^F\-([^./]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^T\-([^./]+)\.html$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^A\-([^./]+)\.html$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^U\-([^./]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^C\-([^./]+)\.html\}$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^E\-([^./]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Revert changes to core files.

But before of upgraded, I hadn't problems... Sad help me, please
Hey!

I've uploaded everything as instructed but when I click Plugins via Admin CP
I get this error: screenshot -

http://gyazo.com/f2f493d0c28c7bc622e9cd066ffb2b54

Any ideas?
I had the same issue while I am working for a ecommerce website development..After clearing the issues and I re installed the internet browser.. Now it's work fine..

http://www.kreataglobal.com/ecommerce-we...pment.html
The sitemap does not generate dynamically for me. In a matter of fact it didn't generate at all.

Do you guys know how to solve this? Or can I maybe create a sitemap manually and it will get populated?

Fresh Google SEO 1.6.6 on MyBB 1.6.10

Thanks for your support
(2013-10-17, 07:29 PM)supermanbb Wrote: [ -> ]The sitemap does not generate dynamically for me. In a matter of fact it didn't generate at all.

How so? If sitemap is enabled there should be a link to it on the plugin status (click Sitemap in the line where it says that sitemap is enabled). What happens when you follow that link? If you're looking for a file - there won't be one. Same way individual threads don't have files.
As it says, add to your .htaccess file the code showing up in the ACP. Then the ACP message you are getting should go away and hopefully things be fine...

Or you the could use the example htaccess file provided in the Google SEO plugin .. you will need to modify it a bit at a few places to add your Forum links....

PS : I am not the Plugin maker neither a techie so do this at your own risk !

(2013-10-13, 04:59 PM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I have a problem with this plugin (I think).

I have upgraded mybb to 1.6.10 and often, if I click on a forum (section, from index page of forum), I have error and go to Default Calendar.

This problem there isn't always, but only sometime. If then I return to index and re-try to enter in a forum, this works.

Is it a problem of Google SEO plugin?

In Admin ACP I have this error:

Google SEO (1.6.5)
Google Search Engine Optimization as described in the official Google's SEO starter guide. Please see the documentation for details.

Add to .htaccess:
# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^F\-([^./]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^T\-([^./]+)\.html$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^A\-([^./]+)\.html$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^U\-([^./]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^C\-([^./]+)\.html\}$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^E\-([^./]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Revert changes to core files.

But before of upgraded, I hadn't problems... Sad help me, please
error when i use "/" in search box,ex: get 404 error when i want to find "/font" , because this plugin add "/font" to url
anyway,how can i use google seo url for archive page http://mybbforums.com/archive
thanks
(2013-10-21, 08:55 PM)RonalBarbaren Wrote: [ -> ]error when i use "/" in search box,ex: get 404 error when i want to find "/font" , because this plugin add "/font" to url

That's interesting, for some reason the rewrite rule that should catch this case ( ^([^&]*)&(.*)$), doesn't catch it. It's probably the /...

As a workaround, set MyBB's Search Engine Friendly URLs to Enabled. It will cause MyBB to use ? instead of & in this case. Although this leads to double ? ? in other situations.

MyBB unfortunately isn't smart enough to append parameters to URLs properly.

(2013-10-21, 08:55 PM)RonalBarbaren Wrote: [ -> ]anyway,how can i use google seo url for archive page http://mybbforums.com/archive
thanks

You don't. Google SEO targets the full forum, and sets the archive page to point to the full pages (link rel canonical). The archive itself doesn't have any hooks to it so it's hard to modify how it handles URLs; if you absolutely want this functionality (if you want Google and guests to see the forum in archive style) you could make a theme that makes the main forum look like the archive instead.

(2013-10-21, 09:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-21, 08:55 PM)RonalBarbaren Wrote: [ -> ]error when i use "/" in search box,ex: get 404 error when i want to find "/font" , because this plugin add "/font" to url

That's interesting, for some reason the rewrite rule that should catch this case ( ^([^&]*)&(.*)$), doesn't catch it. It's probably the /...

Seems to be an oddity by Apache. Rewrite rules are not traversed at all if the URL contains a / which is escaped as %2F. This also happens with WordPress blogs if you choose to link them this way. It's fine with nginx webserver...

If you want a workaround, in search.php find

$highlight = "&highlight=".urlencode($search['keywords']);

replace with

$highlight = "&highlight=".str_replace("%2F","/",urlencode($search['keywords']));

I won't be able to fix this in Google SEO itself, sorry.

Some more background I found: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75447...od-rewrite