MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.6.8 [EOL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-02, 07:42 AM)babak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 12:02 AM)babak Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with the way this plugin converts certain characters. Particularly, because "&" is converted to its url friendly variant, it breaks some forum URLs that take extra arguments. For example, the sort link on the "forum display" page that allows user to sort threads based on their post time is broken. I am talking about the "asc"/"desc" link which is shown in the header of "last post" column on the forum display page.
Is there any workaround for this problem?

I did a bit more digging and found that the rewrite module of nginx (which I use as my web server) escapes certain characters in the url and "&" is one of them. It won't escape it when it appears after "?" in the url and knows that it is an argument separator, but when there is not "?" in the url, it escapes it.
When google SEO plugin is used, "?" does not appear in the url and therefore nginx escapes all the "&" in the url which breaks some links in the forum.

I have not yet found any solution to the problem yet. If anyone knows one, please let me know.

I got some time today to try various options in nginx configuration and sort of accidentally found out that if I used regex named capturing groups instead of numbered ones, the problem mentioned above would be fixed.

So, I changed the first rewrite rule from:

rewrite ^/MyBB/([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://yoursite/MyBB/$1?$2 permanent;

to

rewrite ^/MyBB/(?P<seouri>[^&]*)&(?P<seoargs>.*)$ http://yoursite/MyBB/$seouri?$seoargs permanent;

and this change fixed the problem. The highest version of nginx that I tried this on was 1.2.6.
I hope this helps others who may run into a similar issue.
Please how to stop this plugin adding nofollow to internal links please
Hello support team,

My forum is www.forum.giasuphamduy.com
I've just installed google seo and faced with the problem that the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist.

I read the material troubleshooting: If the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist, etc., then your Rewrite Rules do not work for some reason. Check that you have edited the .htaccess (not htaccess.txt!) correctly. Some hosts need a RewriteBase, others do not. If you are using a custom SEO URL Scheme, make sure this scheme does not have any conflicts.

- > I didn't use custom SEO URL Scheme, i left it as default.

Could you please give some help?
Thank you very much.

P/S: below is the information on plugin status
Quote: Add to .htaccess:

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.forum.giasuphamduy.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Apply changes to core files.

I pressed "Apply" to apply changes to core files and the problem of the SEO URLs appear but not found occurred.
Then I reverted it, but the last not found URLs now still being not found. Others are okay.
Umm.. I have just downloaded and installed this plugin.
However, could someone teach me how to configure it. It is so confuse..
What I want was just the "Google SEO URL" . I heard that this type of URL is good for SEO. I activated the plugins but.. when it show threads the URL was still example.com/showthreads.php?tid=1 etc..

My website is, http://gfxmeetup.net/ .

Thanks,

jacktheking.
Frostschutz, I have to say this is an excellent plugin, so thank you. There are a couple of plugins that are essential for some of us and it's thanks to people like you that MyBB continues to be an excellent option.

The one thing I would like to ask is please (and I mean it!) do not stop updating this plugin to the new MyBB releases. If your plugin crashes, we are essentially dead SEO-wise (broken URLs, mis-direction, 301 etc). This is my main concern as the architecture of a forum starts to get messed around as it grows, and having messed up URLs can kill a site.

I would like to donate for this plugin and a couple of others. Im fact I am trying to find where to donate for the MyBB team. The same way that it takes me time to administrate my forums, you folks are working to maintain the high standard of MyBB. My hat goes off to you, sir Smile I would like to provide my small support as much as it would be (monetary donation), and I encourage those reading these lines and using this Google SEO plugin to also donate whatever.

So there, please don't stop updating this plugin and, if I can donate for this plugin or for MyBB, please let me know.
Mod works like a charm. Hopefully SEO is built into a future release of MyBB.

Thanks,
* SunDi3yansyah thanks to Google Seo
the htaccess add doesnt work for me...

(2013-12-05, 04:04 PM)phamduy4587 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello support team,

My forum is www.forum.giasuphamduy.com
I've just installed google seo and faced with the problem that the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist.

I read the material troubleshooting: If the SEO URLs appear but give you errors like thread not found, thread does not exist, etc., then your Rewrite Rules do not work for some reason. Check that you have edited the .htaccess (not htaccess.txt!) correctly. Some hosts need a RewriteBase, others do not. If you are using a custom SEO URL Scheme, make sure this scheme does not have any conflicts.

- > I didn't use custom SEO URL Scheme, i left it as default.

Could you please give some help?
Thank you very much.

P/S: below is the information on plugin status
Quote: Add to .htaccess:

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.forum.giasuphamduy.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Apply changes to core files.

I pressed "Apply" to apply changes to core files and the problem of the SEO URLs appear but not found occurred.
Then I reverted it, but the last not found URLs now still being not found. Others are okay.

i have the exact same problem. I am sure I edited the htaccess correctly, he still says "add (...) to htaccess"

did u manage to solve the problem???

thx
You either did the wrong edits, or edited the wrong file.
(2013-12-31, 04:16 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You either did the wrong edits, or edited the wrong file.

the file missed a few \ ^^ it works now, thank you for this plugin