MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox Help! (2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know how to delete all the old posts...we have over 100 pages of recorded chat. How I delete them?

Please Help asap
....why do you want to delete them? And this belongs in plugin support.
(2011-08-09, 06:38 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]....why do you want to delete them? And this belongs in plugin support.

There is a lot of personal information and conversations from us Admins, that is there from the beginning before we opened the forum from the beginning.
Go into phpmyadmin and delete them. table: mybb_mysbshouts
(2011-08-09, 06:44 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Go into phpmyadmin and delete them. table: mybb_mysbshouts

Sorry I'm a Mybb newb. Where is phpmyadmin located?
check this
Quote:Commands (for admins)

/delete newer than 07-15-2008 -> delete any shout made after this date.

/delete older than 07-15-2008 -> delete any shout made before this date.

/delete all -> delete all shouts.

/delete newer than 5 -> delete all posts having an id greater than this (mouse over any "del" link to view an id shown in the form of deleteShout(ID, 1))

/delete older than 5 -> delete all posts having an id less than this (mouse over any "del" link to view an id shown in the form of deleteShout(ID, 1))
(2011-08-09, 07:01 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]check this
Quote:Commands (for admins)

/delete newer than 07-15-2008 -> delete any shout made after this date.

/delete older than 07-15-2008 -> delete any shout made before this date.

/delete all -> delete all shouts.

/delete newer than 5 -> delete all posts having an id greater than this (mouse over any "del" link to view an id shown in the form of deleteShout(ID, 1))

/delete older than 5 -> delete all posts having an id less than this (mouse over any "del" link to view an id shown in the form of deleteShout(ID, 1))

Where do I input those commands?
In the shoutbox.
Edit : not seen above response Smile

put command on shout input bar of myshoutbox AND click on shout as if you are chatting !
Awesome. It worked. Thanks!