MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help ASAP deleted admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was deleting the Spam users from my forum and accidentally deleted myself, the only admin. Is there any way to get it back or recreate an account and make it an admin with having to reinstall everything.

Thanks
You can make a new account, then run this in phpmyadmin

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X'; 

(Change the X to your accounts UID)
ok im in phpmyadmin but where would i input the code?
btw, if you don't know, this is how to use phpmyadmin http://community.mybb.com/thread-4720.html
i followed the directions but it didnt work. all it says is:

Affected rows: 0 (Query took 0.0014 sec)
You deleted your admin account? Nice...

Register a new account on your forum, and then run the query above. (Change X to your new account ID).
Yeah, did you change the X to your UID?

And are you editing the right database?
yes and yes
(2011-08-09, 09:09 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]You deleted your admin account? Nice...

Register a new account on your forum, and then run the query above. (Change X to your new account ID).

ya by accident I had a couple hundred spam accounts and was deleting them fast one by one and wasnt paying attention.
Did you create a new user? If you are using user ID 1, and you have deleted your account, it won't work.

Can you provide a link to your forum and a link to the account you would like to make admin, please?