MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about SPAM....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I've never had to deal w/ SPAM so much w/ my small forums, but darn even the smallest least active forum i have is getting hammered w/ spam..

I don't get it.. HOW ARE THESE GUYS doin this? When Captcha has been activated, and supposed to be BOT PROOF.. and email activation.. how are these bots able to signup and post like crazy..

Forgive the seemingly Noobie question, but I've been out of the loop w/ forum spam infos lately so i dont know WHERE we are at now...

I know Forum software such as our myBB has very much better code against SQL injection now, as I see no more "USER-LESS" posts/threads.. but i'm still getting bombarded w/ new spam accounts and tens and hundreds of posts from those accounts..

Again w/ Captcha and all that, I can't think of a way for a bot to automatically achieve this.. have we reached a time where spammers are now actually MANUALLY signing up accounts and letting their bots run the postings automatically afterwards?

frustrated,

TJ
They're not bots, they're humans who are paid to spam.
wow.. so it's got to that huh?

isnt there a way to Frakking blacklist, or spam back, or something on the products/company/website the spammer is promotting?

This calls for another code mode for each of our forums.. a captcha that asks a question that only the target users can answer.. like for our local pc enthusiasts community, a basic question about our local government.. like our mayor's surname ..

or is there a plugin for this already? signup qeustion?

hmm.. oh well..
awesome man tnx
There are many threads on this..You should have searched.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-101017.html