MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am going to merge one of my forums to my more popular forums. But I dont have my ftp info on hand at the moment. Is there any way to do a merge without having my ftp info on hand or no? If not its cool I can get the info fairly easily. I am just on lazy mode at the moment.

Also, A quick question, Some members on my other forum are also members of my more popular forum what will happen to their accounts? Will the post count merge also or will one account be deleted or...... also what about there passwords witch password will their new account use forum 1 or forum 2s. These are just a couple questions I have. Thanks
You don't need ftp at all, though you'll not be able to get attachments unless you copy them to a separate folder on your new host and put in the path to that folder when the merge system asks.

As for members, if they have the same username and email they're automatically merged. If not, a special edit is made to the username and you'll have to manually merge them in the ACP.
(2011-08-10, 05:29 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need ftp at all, though you'll not be able to get attachments unless you copy them to a separate folder on your new host and put in the path to that folder when the merge system asks.

As for members, if they have the same username and email they're automatically merged. If not, a special edit is made to the username and you'll have to manually merge them in the ACP.

Thank you and I downloaded and uploaded the merge system but it asks for both forums ftp info ect... I thought anyways. lmao. I will have to check. Its been like a month since I looked at what it all asks for and I have terrible memory. What about my members passwords. Will the y still be the same or will they have problems logging in?
Quote:What about my members passwords
loginconvert password plug-in takes care of it --> " Converts passwords to the
correct type when logging in. To be used in conjunction with the MyBB Merge System
"
(2011-08-10, 06:00 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What about my members passwords
loginconvert password plug-in takes care of it --> " Converts passwords to the
correct type when logging in. To be used in conjunction with the MyBB Merge System
"

Alright thank you!