MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Feedback] Custom theme for my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Check out my site at teachgalaxy.com

I've done the theme all by myself, so I would like to have your opinion about it. The theme is not 100% as there's still things that need to be fixed. But for now, write what you think about it.

What is good?
What is bad?
What should I add?
What should I remove?

I'm still working to make it more unique, so I am open for all type of feedback.

Thank you.
The header is a different width to the body which looks kinda... stupid, as well as it looking like every other generic theme out there with a few changed colours. The logo doesn't blend in and for a 'Teaching' site, it doesn't look professional at all.
Thanks for your feedback. The width of the header will look something like this site: forumsource.org. As I wrote in the OP, I'm not done. There's still plenty of job left, but it's kinda hard to work without a graphic editing tool. I'll be able to use it in 3 weeks.

As for the logo, I may consider changing it. But I wanted a catchy logo, and I think the logo it's catchy. I didn't made it though...
I understand that but the effect you're looking for isn't supposed to have rounded corners and a margin between it and the edges of the pages. The #container also seems to be pulled up to it a bit which doesn't seem to look too good. For the logo, I get what you mean but it also does have to match the theme, no matter how good it looks you wouldn't put a light blue coloured logo on a Christmas styled theme.
Hmm... Rounded corners? I don't see rounded corners. Can you post a screenshot so I can see how it looks on your screen?
(2011-08-10, 12:31 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... Rounded corners? I don't see rounded corners. Can you post a screenshot so I can see how it looks on your screen?

[Image: jl0WHY.png]

I assume that's what he's talking about.
I feel the container should blend more with the background...

The border is a little too strong for my taste.
Oh! I found out what was causing the rounded corners, I've removed the code and it should work fine now. I changed the border, but it now seem to disappeared.

Any idea how I could make the container blend more with the background? Should I make the bg of the container a little darker?