MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Strangest Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you temporarily remove or rename all htaccess files you have to htaccess.txt and see if that fixes it.
Does not solve it.
OK, I don't know why but a thread in that section is whats causing this. The thread's tid is 369
Going to any other thread thats in that section is fine but when you try to access #369 it errors out.

You will have to delete that thread. You could try merging it with a thread in a temporary section with just one thread then going ahead and removing that temporary section along with the threads in it from admincp.

If that doesn't work then the only option would be to delete that thread from the database.

To do that you would have to run these queries:

DELETE FROM mybb_threads WHERE tid=369 LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM mybb_posts WHERE tid=369;

Once you've done that, run the recount the rebuild including the cache in admincp and you should hopefully be good to go.
That has worked.
It is effecting this section too,
http://randomforum.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13

Could you find the TID?
I wonder what happened here. Every thread in that section is giving me an error. The only one that is not is #4 which is the first (earliest) thread in that section.

These are the threads that are in that section that I could not access:

I forgot to mention, you should backup your database before you go deleting the threads from the database.

If deleting all those threads is not an option I would try to look at the content of the threads and the posts in the threads in phpmyadmin and see if theres anything out of the ordinary in them.
Quote:I forgot to mention, you should backup your database before you go deleting the threads from the database.

Of course, goes without saying.

Shall I remove these threads one-by-one, or all in one query?

Also, one of those is my thread, which has no replies, I'm not posting anything odd.
Yeah you can just remove them in single queries.

DELETE FROM mybb_threads WHERE tid IN (x,y,z);
DELETE FROM mybb_posts WHERE tid IN (x,y,z);
Where x,y,z are all the tids comma separated.

As I said before, I have no idea why it happened, I doubt its the content coz I saw the content and I couldn't see anything wrong or out of the ordinary. I suspect something happened on the server that messed up with the database. If you haven't already removed the threads, you could try doing a repair/optimize though I doubt that will help.
I already repaired before I posted.
If it was something on the server, it would surely effect my other forum?
(2011-08-13, 12:55 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I already repaired before I posted.
If it was something on the server, it would surely effect my other forum?

I am stumped as to why it is happening. I have never seen something like this happen before.

If you want you could send me a dump of your database and I could try importing it on my localhost and see if I can come up with anything.
Pages: 1 2