MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customizing welcome block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know where can I edit the template for the welcome block (for visitors/users)? I checked the welcome_block templates but I couldn't find anything referring to css elements like the table row/background/text attributes etc. I must be completely overlooking something. I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything.

[Image: welcomeblock.png]

I want to change the background color and the color of the text, but somehow I'm at a loss where this template and css code is located. Maybe I've been customizing for to much hours in a row and getting confused Huh Undecided

Any help much appreciated.
IN global.css look for #panel class. You've to edit it to change the BG colors.
Awesome, thanks!
I was able to change everything just fine (custom color for the links with the class= attribute etc.). The only thing I can't seem to find is how I can change the class of the link to the user page in the first row.

It says:
Quote:"Welcome, Zoog. Your last visit....."

So I want to change something to the link "Zoog". But I can't seem to find it in the Welcome templates.

[Image: memberlink.jpg]
In ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php , find;
$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, <a href='member.php?action=profile'>{1}</a></strong>. You last visited: {2}";

and Change the text to suite your needs, but be careful, do not alter {1} and {2} as these are variables and are used to show some texts.
Thanks. I seached the global.lang.php but I can only find this row, without the href tags:

$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
the {1} is the variable that contains the "a href" not sure how to get to it though.
(2011-08-11, 09:44 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]the {1} is the variable that contains the "a href" not sure how to get to it though.

Its the one having Username.
But do you know where it's located? I checked all the username fields in global.lang.php but they didn't have the url in it.
Its located in ./global.php

On line # 346;
	$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);
Thanks for the help so far everyone Smile

Maybe I'm completely missing something, but I'm still unable to define a specific class to the link. Even in the global.php line. I assume this piece of code from the code posted above creates the link? Because the link is to the user id.

$mybb->user['uid']

I don't know how I should add any class info?

As you can see below I was able to change all other links (in the header_welcome_* templates), except this particular one, which still uses the global a.link, hover etc style.

[Image: welcomelink.jpg]
Pages: 1 2