MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySupport issues after MyBB update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

after having updated MyBB to 1.6.4 by the letter, MySupport behaves strangely:
http://www.jtatoday.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

Some thtreads have a double [Solved] and the title in red.

What's more strange is that even forums not under MySupport get a solved flag:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2463]

We have done some investigation:

All Stickies have the text displayed in red.

All Closed Stickies are also marked [Solved] even if that forum does not have the Solve option available.

All normal threads which are closed are displayed in red and are marked [Solved] even if that forum does not have the Solve option available.

Any advise on how to fix this issue?
Well, the upgrade wouldn't have done anything to cause any of these. In fact MySupport doesn't have anything to do with them at all.

(2011-08-11, 03:46 PM)The Tramp Wrote: [ -> ]Some thtreads have a double [Solved] and the title in red
All Stickies have the text displayed in red
All normal threads which are closed are displayed in red

The titles being red is nothing to do with MySupport, this is the HTML that's making them red:

<font color="#FF0000">Different TP ? why</font>

MySupport doesn't change the colour of thread titles, and I don't use the <font> tag anywhere, so this isn't being done by MySupport.

(2011-08-11, 03:46 PM)The Tramp Wrote: [ -> ]What's more strange is that even forums not under MySupport get a solved flag
All Closed Stickies are also marked [Solved] even if that forum does not have the Solve option available.
and are marked [Solved] even if that forum does not have the Solve option available.

This isn't a status being set by MySupport. If you look, the text '[SOLVED]' is in the text for the link to the thread, for example, with the thread 'Different TP ? why' the link is actually '[SOLVED]: Different TP ? why', and MySupport doesn't add any text to the name of the thread like this, it's not how it works.

This might make it clearer:

[attachment=23781]

Ultimately you've either modified something or got another similar plugin installed that's doing a similar thing. The upgrade isn't going to add brand new functionality to a plugin like this, and this forum uses MySupport and it's exactly the same now as it was before the upgrade.
Thanks you for your advise, After your hint we had a better look and discovered that "My Thread Decorator" was installed beforehand (before I took over management) and decided to work after the upgrade.

Didn't work before, I'm sure.