MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not displaying proper numbers & cannot login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys and nice to meet you. I hope you can help me out with my problems. I want to start using MyBB for my forum, which was using an older phpbb 2 version. I used the MERGE system, follwed all the steps, didn't get any error.

It is situated on a host, but in order to view it (since it's not correlated with my domain name yet) you must do this: edit "hosts" file in the following folder: c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ by adding the following 2 lines:

72.52.144.12 ehuntingforum.com
72.52.144.12 www.ehuntingforum.com

If you do this, you'll be able to view my forum by accessing ehuntingforum.com

The problems I am having at the moment are:

1 - problems with the number of posts & threads - all the forums show 0 threads and 0 posts, but if you click on them you will see that they have posts & threads. Also in the footer of the forum it shows 0: "Our members have made a total of 0 posts in 0 threads"

2 - I cannot login with my username. I am using the correct info, it tells me "You have successfully logged in, redirecting to the previous page" something like this, but I am sent to http://72.52.144.12/~ehunting/index.php without being logged in !

Please help me out !
No answers. Please someone in the support team, you should be able to answer my questions !

I'm looking forward for your replies.
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> rebuild & recount <-- run all

read this for login / logout problems
Well, I CANNOT LOGIN, as I stated in the above post. So can you please tell me what else I can do ?
Did you correctly setup your cookies when you created the MyBB forum? The cookies must be correctly set, or the login will succeed, but the redirect wont keep you logged in because the cookie doesn't match.

As for the other, please refer to the sticky for common sql queries in this forum and then run recount & rebuild tools in the ACP as suggested above. Once you get your login issue fixed of course. There are a lot of threads in the support forums about the login issue.