MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys....

I Have Some Important Ideas That i Will Expect Next Release of Mybb

1> Make a Inbuild Shoutbox with Smiles. and administrator will enable/disable shoutbox in forum,able to add custom shoutbox also...

2>Make Easy in Plugins/Themes Installation like SMF ,

3> AutoDetect Mobile/Pc for display Forum's mobile/pcVersion

4> Easy Forum Customization

5> Expand the User Group with Super admin/and Some other....

Thanks!

I Expect this modifications on next version of the MybbCoolCoolCool

Regards

-=Active=-
Hey,

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]1> Make a Inbuild Shoutbox with Smiles. and administrator will enable/disable shoutbox in forum,able to add custom shoutbox also...

This can't be a build-in feature, it will always be a plugin, I don't see why there should be a shoutbox on a forum... And trust me, if you have active members that create many threads a day, you'll lose that, they'll all stick to the shoutbox and leave the forum deserted...

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]2>Make Easy in Plugins/Themes Installation like SMF ,

That's what they're intending to do, but not like SMF, like MyBB Smile

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]3> AutoDetect Mobile/Pc for display Forum's mobile/pcVersion
MyBB 2.0 is going to support mobile devices and that has been announced!

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]4> Easy Forum Customization

5> Expand the User Group with Super admin/and Some other....
I'm afraid I didn't get you :s
You can already make your own usergroups in Admin CP.
Forum customization is pretty easy already, just makre sure you read everything carefully.
(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]1> Make a Inbuild Shoutbox with Smiles. and administrator will enable/disable shoutbox in forum,able to add custom shoutbox also...

Not going to happen. It defeats the whole point of a forum.

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]2>Make Easy in Plugins/Themes Installation like SMF ,

Are you implying that clicking a few buttons is hard? How easier can it get?

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]3> AutoDetect Mobile/Pc for display Forum's mobile/pcVersion

MyBB 2.0 supports this.

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]4> Easy Forum Customization

No matter what forum software you use, you have to know at least basic CSS (and HTML if you want to change layouts, etc..).

(2011-08-11, 04:27 PM)active Wrote: [ -> ]5> Expand the User Group with Super admin/and Some other....

I don't quite get what you mean about this.
(2011-08-11, 04:55 PM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]You can already make your own usergroups in Admin CP.
Forum customization is pretty easy already, just makre sure you read everything carefully.

I mean super admin have all permission and admin have some restrictions life can't install new plugin/theme, etc

and easy customize means we can drag and drop the forum position, etc.

if you think this is not necessary means just leave it.....

Thanks

regards

-= active=-
You can already control admin permissions I doubt they plan on remove features like that.
Quote:2>Make Easy in Plugins/Themes Installation like SMF ,

Are you implying that clicking a few buttons is hard? How easier can it get?

[/quote]

That means user need not to use file manager to install new plugin/theme...all should perform in admin control panel...I think now you got my point....
Okay leave it...I expect mybb2.0 have great features....

Thanks
(2011-08-11, 06:00 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You can already control admin permissions I doubt they plan on remove features like that.

ya I plan to stop other forum administrator none other than me cannot access that features..okay
Quote:That means user need not to use file manager to install new plugin/theme...all should perform in admin control panel...I think now you got my point....

How do you intend to upload MyBB 2.0 files to your server if you don't use a file manager? The same thing happens to extra plugin files and theme images, you need to upload them using a file manager Smile
(2011-08-11, 09:43 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:That means user need not to use file manager to install new plugin/theme...all should perform in admin control panel...I think now you got my point....

How do you intend to upload MyBB 2.0 files to your server if you don't use a file manager? The same thing happens to extra plugin files and theme images, you need to upload them using a file manager Smile

Like wordpress does where the plugin directory is writable. While the current way isn't hard people want everything as easy as possible.
(2011-08-11, 09:47 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Like wordpress does where the plugin directory is writable. While the current way isn't hard people want everything as easy as possible.
I worked on a plugin a long time ago that was essentially a plugin manager with direct upload and delete capabilities for plugins. I abandoned further development because it was a pain in the lime trying to determine how a plugin author packaged the plugin.

If MyBB 2.0 uses a specific directory structure for plugins, an online method of plugin installation/upload/deletion is totally possible and something I would support. The goal is to cater to the widest audience possible, and while I support learning basic FTP skills (something which you'll need to install MyBB in the first place anyway), sometimes you just want everything to be as easy as possible.