MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I am currently using Wordbb to automatically create a new thread on my forums when I create a new post on my WordPress blog.

Wordbb is nice because it will create a new thread on my forums when I publish a post on my WP blog. This is really the only reason I use Wordbb. I don't care about integrating users between WP and MyBB. They will only login to the forums.

However, Wordbb will post a brand new thread on the forums even if I just update the post in WP. I can't seem to stop it from doing this.

Also, I want to add a link directly to the forum that corresponds with the post when I am writing the post itself. Wordbb claims to allow me to do this, but the "Use MyBB as comment system" option and the PHP function that I can use (wordbb_thread_link), do nothing.

So my question is, is there a different way that I can have new threads automatically created when I make a new WP post? Also, is there a way I can link to the forum corresponding with the post without going back and updating the post after the thread has been created?

I am using WordPress 3.2.1 and MyBB 1.6.4.