MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goodbye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I left. Thank you for everything.
can we have your forum URL & a test user account ..
I prefer not to post my forum publicly, however, I can send it through PM if you promise to keep it safe.
Login: Would require template edits.
Forum Icons: Would require template edits.
Security: Please see http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/1.6.4#Tem...em_Changes
PHP: If you are on a shared host you can't upgrade PHP. Try using the plugin, it may work anyway.
MySQLi: You can't upgrade MySQL on a shared host either.
Time - not sure what would cause this

Login - This would require an edit to the error_no_permissions() function so that it redirects to the login page. Editing the function would be the simplest but it does effect any and all situations that use it.

Forum Icons - Do you mean the status indicators on the left of the forum list? If so, those should really stay put as they show new, closed, hot topics, etc. They are also used for marking a forum read.

Security - Looks fine to me with quick review. Not sure what the error you are getting means.

PHP - Which plugin requires 5.3? It is very likely it can be modified for earlier versions. Please provide why you think it requires 5.3 (and the portion of code that does)

MySQLi - this is a host issue. Please contact them for an upgrade, if it is supported
@pyridine
Login: Will do.
Forum Icons: Already done.
Security: Doesn't really help me.
PHP: I actually have no idea if it is a shared host, I will contact them and ask.
MySQLi: Same as PHP.

Thanks

@pavemen
Time: Weird problem indeed.
Login: I will have a look into that code.
Forum Icons: I already managed to delete them, I took a look into Forumbit_depth2_Forum then tried to optimize it with forumbit_depth1_cat and forumdisplay_subforums
Security: Thanks for trying to help.
PHP: http://mods.mybb.com/view/signup-questions it lets my plugin library crash when I try to run it, something like unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting T_VARIABLE.
MySQLi: I will contact them.

Thank you very much payemen!
I'd need the exact error you are getting with the plugin to be able to help. Otherwise, check the release/support thread for that plugin to see if others have the issue.
" T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM " -> this was reported earlier ; not sure why the error is coming
there is another plug-in for security questions registrtaion security question - try it
@pavemen
This is the exact error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/X/domains/X/public_html/inc/plugins/signupquestions.php on line 802
But there were others having this problem too, it gives this error if you don't have PHP v5.3, it's as simple as that (I think).

Thanks again.

@ranjani
I will try that plugin, thanks!
UPDATE
First of all, the new plugin ranjani suggested works great.

Now, I found something about my messed up icons. The picture in the first post wasn't the right one. So I managed to delete the default forum icons, but I can see that in the SUBFORUMS ONLY it just goes to the wrong place and gives a wrong effect.

With the main forum that was a colspan problem, but when I change the colspan in the subforums it doesn't change a thing.
Mm, I don't know the problem but I have the same time problem!!?