MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem here, simply put: I can't find what template to edit.

As you can see @ http://xfactorservers.com/forums/thread-...-4188.html the signature starts right at the end of the post, which can be a real pain. I have tried the ESS mod which is supposed to allow me to customize the separation, however, it does not seem to work.

I'm sure I can simply edit in a line break or two and fix the problem, I just have no idea what template to edit. Any help is appreciated.

PS: The forum has been ported from IPB 3.1, so misc errors in posts are just from being merged across different platforms.

Thanks,
Les Barton
The template is Post Bit Templates >> postbit

The signature is defined by {$post['signature']}
(2011-08-12, 09:36 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The template is Post Bit Templates >> postbit

The signature is defined by {$post['signature']}

Thank you!

I should add, the actual template where the signatures are parsed is postbit_signature

So you might want to consider placing your spacing there as that will ensure that the spacing is only shown if the user has a signature.
(2011-08-12, 09:45 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]I should add, the actual template where the signatures are parsed is postbit_signature

So you might want to consider placing your spacing there as that will ensure that the spacing is only shown if the user has a signature.

I caught onto that after I edited the bare PostBit, thanks. Actually came back to ask.

Last question, I would like to add the same spacing between the subject and the post body, same general area for the edit?

eg:

RE: Signature Problem Mark as best answer
LINEBREAK HERE
The template is Post Bit Templates >> postbit

Thanks again!

Its the same postbit template.

You should see the following:

{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}

Just go ahead and add your line breaks after that and before {$post['message']}
Thanks again, saved me the trouble of trial and error.
excuse me, I don't really know any coding, so could you possibly tell me how to insert a linebreak? I have already found the template, but I don't know what to do now.

EDIT: Nevermind, Google did the trick Smile