MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Customizing Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the new version 2.0 should be easier to create a theme like vB 4, there are better themes for this version.

The same should be for MyBB 2.0. more easily create better themes.
BB4? What is that? It is easy all ready to create "better" themes. You just have to try.
EDIT: VB4
Yes, but I mean a better facility to create themes.
Hopefully the MyBB 2.0 cause an impact and be the best.
(2011-08-12, 11:09 PM)Poizonus Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: VB4

vB4's theming system (and the acp for that matter) is a total mess. I gave up on it last time I even attempted to use it. I think the way to create themes currently is fine. However http://www.twig-project.org/ is being used to do the template system so hopefully that will solve your problem.
(2011-08-12, 10:58 PM)Poizonus Wrote: [ -> ]In the new version 2.0 should be easier to create a theme like vB 4, there are better themes for this version.

The same should be for MyBB 2.0. more easily create better themes.

Easier? BAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA.

I'm sorry, the more VB was developed, the harder it got. 4 was a major jump in the wrong direction. MyBB's needs some improving, that's a given. PHP should be included. Maybe even a colour code theme changer, (Drupal) but asking anything to be like VB's, is more of a curse then compliment.
I can see the appeal of having a built-in theme color changer/maker/whatever, but honestly I think it's best to leave that out of MyBB. It will get messy too quickly.
What are you talking about? Themeing MyBB is extremely easy, which is why I use it. None of that "You need to know basic PHP and make your own templates" bull$#!t.
(2011-08-13, 08:33 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about? Themeing MyBB is extremely easy, which is why I use it. None of that "You need to know basic PHP and make your own templates" bull$#!t.
Assuming Twig is used right, in 2.0 you will need a basic understanding of PHP to theme. Worst case scenario is the quality of themes go up.
(2011-08-13, 04:30 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming Twig is used right, in 2.0 you will need a basic understanding of PHP to theme. Worst case scenario is the quality of themes go up.

Hopefully it won't be anything like SMF 1's theme editor with a whole mess of PHP everywhere.

(2011-08-12, 11:33 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-12, 11:09 PM)Poizonus Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: VB4

vB4's theming system (and the acp for that matter) is a total mess. I gave up on it last time I even attempted to use it. I think the way to create themes currently is fine. However http://www.twig-project.org/ is being used to do the template system so hopefully that will solve your problem.

(2011-08-13, 04:56 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the appeal of having a built-in theme color changer/maker/whatever, but honestly I think it's best to leave that out of MyBB. It will get messy too quickly.
Would that be the case
Pages: 1 2