MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the Editing Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost, in the next update make editing posts easier: let it open in the same window instead of loading a new one with the power of Javascript or AJAX.

Second off, for forum staff, let there be a check box to show whether the post should show the "Edited by.." line or not. I hate changing the global setting in the admin CP each time I want to do this. That checkbox would save a lot of stress and trouble. Big Grin
EGS Wrote:First and foremost, in the next update make editing posts easier: let it open in the same window instead of loading a new one with the power of Javascript or AJAX.

Already in 1.2
Just to point out, AJAX is an technology used in javascript.
Dennis, 1.2 is not public yet so it doesn't give me no good. Toungue
CraKter, I know, but AJAX is using a mix of Javascripting and other coding..
Well it's not like we can put it in 1.1.6 and release it tomorrow. If you wanted this for your board now, you might have wanted to put this in the Code Modifications forum, and I might as well add that Tikitiki has made a modification for this purpose for 1.1.x if I remember correctly.
DennisTT Wrote:Well it's not like we can put it in 1.1.6 and release it tomorrow. If you wanted this for your board now, you might have wanted to put this in the Code Modifications forum, and I might as well add that Tikitiki has made a modification for this purpose for 1.1.x if I remember correctly.
Well just make sure you use all my suggestions and get to work so you can make MyBB the ultimate free forum solution! Big Grin
It already is mate Wink
They don't just add features just to add features you know.
EGS Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:Well it's not like we can put it in 1.1.6 and release it tomorrow. If you wanted this for your board now, you might have wanted to put this in the Code Modifications forum, and I might as well add that Tikitiki has made a modification for this purpose for 1.1.x if I remember correctly.
Well just make sure you use all my suggestions and get to work so you can make MyBB the ultimate free forum solution! Big Grin
maybe u think that all the feature that u have suggest are important and necessary, but others can think that they arent
EGS Wrote:Well just make sure you use all my suggestions and get to work so you can make MyBB the ultimate free forum solution! Big Grin
EGS aren't you a tad arrogant? Use ALL your suggestion? A little bit modesty here would be in place!

EB