MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change username font?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to know if it is possible to change the font of usernames. If it is, could you please explain? Thanks
is it a general font installed on users' computers ? AND where you want to change the font (at posts / everywhere) ?
(2011-08-13, 05:39 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]is it a general font installed on users' computers ? AND where you want to change the font (at posts / everywhere) ?

Yeh, to Myriad Pro or something. And on the user profiles & in threads. Smile
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > Select the usergroup. Use the <font face = "Myriad Pro">{username}</font> in the Username field.
(2011-08-13, 05:57 AM)Harvey Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > Select the usergroup. Use the <font face = "Myriad Pro">{username}</font> in the Username field.
[Image: iPCBU.jpg]

<span style="font-face: 'Myriad Pro', sans-serif;">{username}</span>
(2011-08-13, 06:01 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-13, 05:57 AM)Harvey Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > Select the usergroup. Use the <font face = "Myriad Pro">{username}</font> in the Username field.
[Image: iPCBU.jpg]

<span style="font-face: 'Myriad Pro', sans-serif;">{username}</span>

Thanks, but how do I add that in along with the colours and such? Smile
^ color can be added in the style !! click here to experiment with it
<span style="font-face: 'Myriad Pro', sans-serif; color:green">{username}</span>
(2011-08-13, 06:11 AM)Irish. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but how do I add that in along with the colours and such? Smile
Just add a color declaration inside the style attribute. I would use hexadecimal colors and not string names as to provide consistent rendering across all platforms.

If you wanted the username to be red, you would do this:

<span style="font-face: 'Myriad Pro', sans-serif; color: #ff0000;">{username}</span>
Use this website for color codes. Remaining process is simple and clear as explained above Smile
(2011-08-13, 07:43 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Use this website for color codes. Remaining process is simple and clear as explained above Smile
I prefer ColorPicker.com for quick selections and ColourLovers.com for inspiration/full palettes.
Pages: 1 2