MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The easiest way to backup your theme and templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

So I'm nearly done with the theme of my forum. I want to make a backup of it because the last time I didn't backup and there was a problem with the hosting so my forum got deleted and I couldn't do anything but restart.

I also want to know how you make a backup of the database of your forum (includes posts, users and such).

Thanks!
its better to take backup of database from the server (webhost panel --> database backup)

the theme can be exported in full from myBB admin panel --> themes --> theme --> options --> export
You can export the theme by going to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Themes > Your Theme > Export Theme. You might also want to backup the images folder. Later you can simply import the theme back to your forum.

See [Wiki: Database_Backup] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) for information on how to backup your forum.
(2011-08-13, 12:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]See [Wiki: Database_Backups] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) for information on how to backup your forum.

There is no content in it favioz. Sad

Sorry, added an extra "s" to the link. I've fixed that.
Thanks guys, will try it out!