MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta Tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the next update, why not have meta tags automatically generated for each page directly from the page's content? I noticed MyBB does not contain a description or keywords meta tag; please add it.

Also add the Robots meta tag to each page to have it always say index,follow or all.

Thanks - this would greatly help with SEO, IMO.
Yeah the description meta tag is definately going to have to be in the next update.
as it is now, it is not, this is easy to just add manually though.
I don't think we're making major implementations to 1.2 now; since we are in the beta-testing process, we're basically feature-frozen for the most part.

However, as CrakteR said, some of the users of our community may be able to make a plugin/modification for this purpose.
CraKteR Wrote:as it is now, it is not, this is easy to just add manually though.
How is it easy to add manually? I'd like seperate ones for each post...the system should be similar to vBulletin ideally as they have made a pretty damn good SEO system for meta tags. Smile I definately think MyBB should make it priority as the PageRank update is occuring VERY soon. Wink