MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie not setting on login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just upgraded my board from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 and suddenly the login process doesn't set a cookie as it should, so no one can log in. I checked my local browser settings, cleared cookies, checked the Admin CP cookie settings against the handy tool in the Wiki and still no cookie. I can access the admin page, and it sets a session cookie, just not the normal user member.php. I also checked to be sure the loginkey was being generated, and it is. Any idea what's up? Oh, I restarted the webserver as well, just on general principle

Bryce
Do you have a link to your forum?
I don't. It's an internal pilot site we are working on. Once we have it setup and going we are moving it public, but not at the moment. Oh, here is the php and MySQL versions.

PHP version: 5.1.4
MySQL version: 5.0.22

Bryce
What's the internal domain? Can you post the full URL and your cookie settings? What server software are you using?
What's the internal domain?
pnl.gov

Full URL:
http://servername.pnl.gov/forum/

Cookie Domain:
.servername (and I also tried .servername.pnl.gov)

Cookie Path:
/forum/

What server software are you using?
Linux, Fedora Core 5 running Apache 2

Bryce
Maybe /forum helps?
try .servername.pnl.gov as your cookie domain.
and /forum as cookie path.
I think it says do not append / at the end Wink
Tried that and got the same response. Still no login and no cookie.

Oh, and at least in my Admin page, it says for the Cookie Path text,
Quote:"The path which cookies are set to, we recommend setting this to the full directory path to your forums with a trailing slash."
although it wouldn't be the first time documentation lagged a bit behind reality Smile

Bryce
With an / appended after it, it did not work for me.
btw is that an masking adresse?
Huh, well I will leave it trailing-slash-less then.

That is not a masked address, it really is in a folder named "forum" right off the webroot.

Bryce

Pages: 1 2