MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who Was Online Today on index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help or a tutorial on putting the Who Was Online Today on the index page around the footer area.

I've already searched around and this is the result:

1) Show online today - 2.0 by Martin M. - I'd like to customize the font to fit the themes but no matter what changes that I know of in the code does not work for me. You can check the reviews to see that others have the same problem.

2) Who was online on main index? - An old tutorial but I still tried if it still works on the current version of MyBB and sadly, it gave me a MySQL error and the forum crashed.

PS: I know there's already a plugin by labrocca but due to my inability to pay for a subscription at MyBB Central, the only way I could think of is doing it manually.

Can anyone help?
1. Download this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/online-today-1.2.2

2. Open ./inc/plugins/onlinetoday.php in a text editor.

3. Find:

"compatibility" =>    "14*",

3. Change to:

"compatibility" =>    "16*",
Hi faviouz,

I already did that and I just want to fix the font showing in the page.

Here is an example: http://mapletalk.net/

[Image: b7b73d.png]

I'd assume that he is using the plugin since the font size is bigger than the default one which is what I'm trying to fix at this moment.
You edited the post just before I submitted by reply. Initially the link was pointing somewhere else, which is why I thought you had not tried this yet. Anyways, go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Global Templates > online_today_index and replace it all with:

<tr>
<td class="tcat"><strong><span class="smalltext">{$lang->whos_online_today}</span></strong> [<a href="online.php?action=today">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->online_note_today}<br />{$onlinemembers}</span></td>
</tr>
Apologies if that caused a misunderstanding. The first link together with the following post didn't show when the [/url] tag was on the next line. No idea why that happened.

Anyway, it worked! Thanks a lot! Rep given!
Also, if you want to make the complete list link match the rest, replace it with this instead:

<tr>
<td class="tcat"><strong><span class="smalltext">{$lang->whos_online_today}</span></strong> [<a href="online.php?action=today"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->complete_list}</span></a>]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->online_note_today}<br />{$onlinemembers}</span></td>
</tr>
Thank you very much! I'm sure others would find this post helpful too!