MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have my forum name set up as "Gaming forum" as thats what I want it to say on google. And it did for about a week and now it is back to forumkorner and gaming forum. Its really confusing. I have the meta tags so the meta title is my forum name but my forum name is gaming forum. So how is staill says forumkorner I have no idea. Here is some pictures as they tell a thousand words. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Proof my forum name is "Gaming Forum".
[Image: 59155518.png]

Me searching gaming forum and it actually showing as it is supposed to..
[Image: 33318121.png]

Me searching my website and it showing up as forumkorner not gaming forum... :/
[Image: 25788917.png]

Should I make it to where the meta tag is not my forum name and just make it Gaming Forum?

Thanks again
It's the way Google's algorithms work. Some data is stored in different ways, meaning it takes longer to update. It's all about being patient.
(2011-08-15, 07:18 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]It's the way Google's algorithms work. Some data is stored in different ways, meaning it takes longer to update. It's all about being patient.

It was correct for like a week and than went back to ForumKorner... I am a patient guy and know it takes time to update Iw as asking if something went wrong since it switch back to forumkorner instead of staying at gaming forum. I dont think you understand me. :/
I know what you mean, but there's nothing you can do. Google's system is complicated, and sometimes restores cached data for various reasons. Your only option is to wait for it to update again.
(2011-08-15, 07:45 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean, but there's nothing you can do. Google's system is complicated, and sometimes restores cached data for various reasons. Your only option is to wait for it to update again.

Alright, thank you I appreciate it. Smile