MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restoring MyBB Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My hosting service completely disappeared on me, fortunately I was able to backup my database using this method: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_Backups

I switched to hostgator, setup a fresh mybb but now that I go under myphpadmin and try to restore my database I get the following error code:

Error
SQL query:

-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 03rd August 2011 at 16:04
-- -------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE  `mybb_adminlog` (

`uid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
 `ipaddress` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '',
 `dateline` BIGINT( 30 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0',
 `module` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '',
 `action` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT  '',
 `data` TEXT NOT NULL ,
KEY  `module` (  `module` ,  `action` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said: 

#1046 - No database selected 

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm frustrated and in way over my head.
You have to create a new database, select it and then import the database backup.
I'm very much a beginner, so forgive me if this is really stupid but wouldn't a new database be created along with the new myBB. On the phpMyAdmin I see three databases:

<username>_mybb1
<username>_phpb1
information_schema
Well, MyBB doesn't create the database per say. You're the one who creates it so MyBB can connect to it. But by the looks of it, you didn't select it. Do that and then click on the Import tab to restore the database.
That was exactly right, user error. Thanks!!!

Now I've successfully restored the database but nothing has changed. The mybb still doesn't know my login or anything. Am I just completely screwed and misunderstood this entire situation or should that have restored myBB?
Check ./inc/config.php to see if the details are correct, and see this thread if you have any issues with logging in and out:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
I'm a noob...and my host left me high and dry I don't have FTP information which I'm assuming I'd need to check that considering there is no config php listed anywhere under phpMyAdmin. Otherwise I just would've used FTP to restore my site (if I'm understanding everything correctly).

Furthermore, considering the users listed are the bots that have auto signed up to my new website since switching hosts I'm guessing I didn't do something right.
(2011-08-15, 03:00 PM)dejota Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a noob...and my host left me high and dry I don't have FTP information which I'm assuming I'd need to check that considering there is no config php listed anywhere under phpMyAdmin. Otherwise I just would've used FTP to restore my site (if I'm understanding everything correctly).

Furthermore, considering the users listed are the bots that have auto signed up to my new website since switching hosts I'm guessing I didn't do something right.

Your cPanel information = FTP lol.
Okay laugh instead of being descriptive, useful....Which Cpanel? Mybb cpanel (there's 2 depending on how you login), my hostgator cpanel (one of the cpanels for things like myphpAdmin)? I'm a noob and know next to nothing about this, my host setup everything and completely disappeared so I'm learning this as I go.
Looks bunk, no themes/users/data nothing...

Is this not how you backup your myBb?: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_Backups
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_Backups

If I backed up myBB using that method should that contain all the information I'll need to completely restore my forum as it was the day I backed it up?
Okay it seems the database is restore to _phpb1 however (and I may be mistaken) it seems the active database is still _mybb1. Is there anyways to use _phpb1 where all my old info is restored?
I don't think your host has disappeared, I'm sure if you open a ticket on their website they'll come back. Toungue

Now, your website Cpanel is what we're talking about. You can go there and make a FTP account from a section on your cpanel.
Pages: 1 2