MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is Gigabot ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently saw Gigabot on my form, But I've read some where that :

Quote:At one point last weekend, our server was going slow, so I went out to do something about it. As it turned out, there was no single reason for the slowdown, it was pretty much just heavy traffic. However, I couldn't help noticing that user agent, Gigabot doing a lot of requests. Since this was sort of an emergency and our website is for our users, not some random bot, I blocked it on the spot.

Is this true?
Is this a google's extension?
No, its a search engine, with its own bot like google Smile
Gigabot may cause your form to slow down?
(2011-08-16, 06:17 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Gigabot may cause your form to slow down?

http://spam.tinyweb.net/article.php/gigabot

You do realize that the article is from 2005, right?

Any spider or bot may slow down your forum down.
Goddamn it, you need to remove your Avatar.

I'm not sensitive to seizures but it already drives me nuts, just imagine what it could do to people that are sensitive to seizures.
opsss, I was about to change it , but mybb only allows 10kb and my new one is 13kb Sad
Hope this one will be fine, btw, any disadvantage of blocking Gigabot? and what if I only allow google bot?
Then the only search engine that will index your site is google. The amount it will slow down your site should lessen each visit as it doesn't need to index everything like the first time.
okay thanks.
Pages: 1 2