MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable RSS Feed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello is there a way or a plugin to disable RSS feeds from MyBB?
I have deleted the link in the footer but i can still see the feed using the browser address bar.

Thank you

M
Delete syndication.php in the root of your forum.
I need help disabling the RSS feed on my forum. So far I have removed syndication.php and rss.php from my forum root directory. The RSS feed icon still shows up in the footer and the link is active. I would like to remove this as well. I am using the Classic Blue theme and have not seen any code for the footer or mention of rss code in all of the code files I have looked at.

I need to point out that I am pretty code illiterate but I have been successfull finding and changing code in my wordpress themes.

Having RSS feed is a deal breaker for me. I was hard pressed to find a theme that would work for me. While I think MyBBV is mucheasier to use than SMF, if I can't solve this problem for this theme or find another theme that does not have a RSS feed, I will need to look for a different platform.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Depending on the theme, you can most likely find the RSS link in the footer template.

Also remove the following lines from the headerinclude template.

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" />
Thank you very much Nathan. It work!