MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to uopdate my forum to the latest version???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
how can i update my forum to the latest version and also how can i make sure the all my plugins will work like the google adsense plugin that i have which displays the post after every x amount of post

need advice
thanks
u can update the files manually like i do, in that way, ur plug ins and code modifications works perfectly
If you have 1.1.4, all you do is download the changed files package from the announcement thread, and upload those files to your webserver.

If you are using anything before that (from 1.00 to 1.1.3) you can either apply all the individual changed files packages that have been released, or download the 1.1.5 package from www.mybboard.com and replace the files on your server with the new ones.

Unless you are currently using PR2, you do not need to use the upgrader.
Plugins that modify the update php files will be down, so you will need to deactivate then activate them.

However of you had modified some file manually, you will need to again modify them manually, however what you can do is to use WinMerge and compare the new and old files, and just update the needed lines.

regards
wow all this sounds complicated but i will check it out