MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WHY IS MYBB BOARD NOT APPEARING ON MY DOMAIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
delete documentation folder - that is not required {you may keep it - no harm Smile}

visit following link on your browser AND provide database details when system asks for it ..
http://uchenna.nowfreehosting.com/install/
rainjani then after that what next, i saw this message

mporting user groups...done

Creating Administrator account...done

Building Administrator permissions's...done

Building data cache's...done

Your copy of MyBB has successfully been installed and configured correctly.

The MyBB Group thanks you for your support in installing our software and we hope to see you around the community forums if you need help or wish to become a part of the MyBB community.

Please remove this directory before exploring your copy of MyBB.

which directory are they talking about?
rain i also copied files in document folder, should i delete them
After installation delete install folder, you don't need it anymore.
^ edit : not seen Sama34's response Smile

delete install folder or rename it as install_old AND you can also delete Documentation folder
please someone should send me a clean tutorial with snapshots on how to install mybb please i'm pleading send it to these email addresses [email protected] or [email protected]. MAY GOD BLESS THE PERSON. I'm patiently waiting.
[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
you have to delete the doc folder in the FTP, also ur host have a lot of downtime....
read this: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/CHMOD_Files
The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
i have done all that. i have even install it but the problem is this if i go to my site i will be seeing index of. whereas i suppose to see mybb board, someone have explained earlier that i should copy the upload file to my root directory but that sounds vague to me i'm just a newbie. just tell me, must i copy all the files in the upload directory to my public_html b4 mybb board will appear. thank you guys i appreciate all your earlier supports please don't relent i still need more positive answers from you guys
Pages: 1 2