MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rip out their spines!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All in favor of ripping out the spines of all the "black hat" hackers and leaving their corpses to be picked at by birds please raise your hands...

OK, it's unanimous!

Now then - I've deleted the little rat b@astards account, blocked his/her IP address, upgraded to the latest version and am in the process of re-installing all my mods/hacks that got erased. Everything is almost back to normal but my template is slightly jacked up. I tried deleting the theme and re-installing the theme but it just doesn't look quite right. Any suggestions?

PS - my myBB powered forum is in my sig.
What exactly doesn't look right ? can we have a direct screenshot.

regards
Hi,

Sorry about not getting back sooner...

I've attached to cutouts from a screenshot showing the odd alignments of some of the elements. It's real minor stuff like the 'search' - 'memberlist' etc being shown vertically instead of horizontally. I'm sure it must be a css issue but I've tried re-installing the theme and it still looks the same.
What was you're previous version when you got hacked?

Because from the looks of it you were using a pre-1.0.0 Final version.

If that's the case, the default template have changed a lot, and that's the reason the toplinks look differently.

Not sure about the cat bit's though, although it's probably the same issue.
I was using the 1.1.0 release
Are your "header" and any forumbit template modified?
It seems to be happening with any template I use, maybe it's an issue with the default/parent myBB theme? The only modifications made where installing "side boxes" and "Adsense After First Post" (which coincidentally I can no longer get to work either).
Uploaded "TangoRed" theme and it seems to have fixed most of my display problems. Unfortunately I still can't get "Adsense After First Post" to work...weird. I haven't tried re-installing "SideBoxes" yet.
diecastforums.com Wrote:Uploaded "TangoRed" theme and it seems to have fixed most of my display problems. Unfortunately I still can't get "Adsense After First Post" to work...weird. I haven't tried re-installing "SideBoxes" yet.
If you try re-activating the "Adsense After First Post" plugin, it should appear.(If you had did the files changes too).

However, it will appear 2x times the mod for your OLD theme...
xiaozhu Wrote:If you try re-activating the "Adsense After First Post" plugin, it should appear.(If you had did the files changes too).

However, it will appear 2x times the mod for your OLD theme...

I downloaded the latest version of "Adsense After First Post" - reinstalled - reactivated and nothing still shows. I even tried just putting a bunch of nonsensical words as the "ad" to make sure it wasn't just a Javascript display issue. Odd...it worked on my original theme before I got hacked.