MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to automatically optimize all database tables via a task
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-02-23, 07:43 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]This task doesn't optimize DB with 1.6.6.
DB size before and after this taks the same.
If after task I manually optimize my DB via ACP it became smaller.

Maybe there is nothing to optimize at the moment ?
(2012-02-25, 10:52 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there is nothing to optimize at the moment ?

No.
1. I run that task manually. Result - DB size doesn't changes.
2. Immediately after that I optimize DB manually via MyBB ACP option. Rusult - DB size becomes smaller.

Check it yourself.
I just did an optimize on my site and DB size went from 1.75GB to 1.50GB. Pretty good. Smile
Perhaps you optimize the database via standard mybb "optimize option" and not by the task. Or you don't have latest mybb version.

I have tested this task on 2 forums. And I must say... it doesn't works.

DB size before optimization - 2.7 MB
DB size after this task - 2.7 MB
DB size after standard MyBB optimize option - 2.3 MB

So this task does not do anything.
@Maj: Do you have any plugins installed that add new tables? This task only optimizes the core MyBB tables so the overhead may be coming from non-standard ones.
I don't have any plugins installed that add any tables. I suggest to check it with latest MyBB version and describe results here.
(2011-08-16, 05:51 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]6. Enter "*" in Time: Minutes, Time: Hours and Time: Days of Month. (as it should be by default).

7. Select "Sunday" from Time: Weekdays.

8. Select "Every Month" from Time: Months.

isn't this making it run every minute of every hour every sunday of every month?

Wouldn't it be better to specify the minutes and hours so it only runs once a week? Like 14 for minutes and 5 for hours so that it runs at 6:15am on Sundays?
Thanks for this.
Pages: 1 2